Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbusterplus View Post
Now if only you had the Flak and Golf Mahal, you'd have almost all of them covered. I'm really tempted to get the Chally, but I had been waiting to hear from someone that has experience with other backpacks as well. Thanks for posting, and I think I might have to get one next spring.
I don't have those other two mainly because the Flak is very similar to most of the others and the Mahal is just TOO big for me. The Chally bag was purchased for comfort (which is another huge perk with the Mahal as well). The Chally is a more comfortable GripEQ but the material feels much thicker, its a very solid product.

I had a lot of issues with the Grip tipping over (i actually though the later runs were worse than the 1st run with this issue). The Revo backpack has the best main compartment for me but I hated the fuctionality of the other pockets including the top compartment that I was never really able to figure out what it was best utilized for other than clothing. The prodicus was just a cheaper quality and bigger GripEQ but it had design flaw such as the putter slots on top of the main compartment acutally resting on top of disc sin the main compartment (i.e. it was in the way of getting discs in and out of the main compartment). It did however have the largest valuables zipper compartment which I wish other bags used.

Thus far I haven't been able to find a flaw that fatal with the Chally bag other than it looks a little strange.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 130
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
You could get a 6 pack and 15 discs in almost all of the backpack bags to be honest.
I agree....just wanted to answer Cyoda44's question as a current Grip EQ owner with experience on that particular issue.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
I agree....just wanted to answer Cyoda44's question as a current Grip EQ owner with experience on that particular issue.
come to think of it, the top compartment in the Revo DP would be a perfect fit for a 6 pack with discs in the bottom.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 130
Quote:
come to think of it, the top compartment in the Revo DP would be a perfect fit for a 6 pack with discs in the bottom.
For sure...you could easily fit a 12 pack in there, but it would not be easy to get the discs out with that much weight up top.

However, my Revo DP has been collecting dust as a storage container since I got my Grip bag last year. I was just as impressed with the Revo Dual Pack as the OP.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
You could get a 6 pack and 15 discs in almost all of the backpack bags to be honest.
I'm still rocking the Innova Deluxe bag I bought a few years back and I can cram 15-20 discs in there w/ about 4-5 beers (12oz cans).
Old 11-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
I think that I'm going to try out the prodiscus one. Where is the best place to get one? Anyone have a used one for sale? I have a Revo DP for trade plus cash or discs. Let me know!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE Nate View Post
I think that I'm going to try out the prodiscus one. Where is the best place to get one? Anyone have a used one for sale? I have a Revo DP for trade plus cash or discs. Let me know!
You could post a wanted ad in the marketplace...
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 24
Mahal all day. A.) Made in the USA. B.) Military grade. C.) Lifetime warranty from a company you know will be around for along time. D.) Made in the USA.

If you feel it's too much bag for casual rounds you can cinch the side pockets in to make it smaller.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 61
A good friend of mine has the Mahal and it sounds like just what you are looking for. It will hold a ton of stuff and also wears good on the back. Looks to be a quality made bag.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:16 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 815
Surprised nobody has mentioned the gorilla boy simian. It has room for the number of discs you're talking about, and has more space for clothes and beer than any of the other backpack bags I've seen other than the mahal. Also, it has a built in seat so yo never have to carry a stool or look for a comfy spot if you end up waiting on the course.