#101  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Kris C's Avatar
Kris C Kris C is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N. Idaho
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 216
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Earic02's Avatar
Earic02 Earic02 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 195
When the violence, Causes silence,

Who, are, we, mis-takeeeeeeeennnnn?

-----------------------------------

^will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day now. Great song.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM
wkelly42's Avatar
wkelly42 wkelly42 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portsmouth, OH
Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 22
Posts: 606
I saw a bunch of negative comments on the DC FB message.

I really hope this is a disc that sees production; I like it, and have thrown it quite a bit since the Ace Race back in September. But I really don't like the name. Swarm or Stinger would have been a better name, I think. Even Yellowjacket ....
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM
KenTyburski's Avatar
KenTyburski KenTyburski is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chatham, VA
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
I like the coat of arms look, but I like the clean look even more. I use the acetone quite frequently.
I don't use the acetone so much (although I do have some), but the clean, simple style is why I really like the Lat64 GL discs. Simple font, little stylized shield, no ugly crap all over the top of my disc. Yeah, it's great plastic, too, but it just... looks... nice.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 PM
bradharris's Avatar
bradharris bradharris is offline
Team Borderland
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Merrimack, NH
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 75
Posts: 4,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTyburski View Post
I don't use the acetone so much (although I do have some), but the clean, simple style is why I really like the Lat64 GL discs. Simple font, little stylized shield, no ugly crap all over the top of my disc. Yeah, it's great plastic, too, but it just... looks... nice.
Sometimes simple is better.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:00 PM
KenTyburski's Avatar
KenTyburski KenTyburski is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chatham, VA
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkelly42 View Post
I really hope this is a disc that sees production; I like it, and have thrown it quite a bit since the Ace Race back in September.
I really enjoyed getting a feel for it in the Ace Race. But as someone before mentioned, I'd like to see the measurements compared to the DGA Squall; the profiles look nearly identical to me. And I wrote the Squall off personally because I already felt comfortable with other things in the flippy longer mid slot. But yes, if it goes into production, I think it will be good for DC and the game. It's a good disc, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkelly42 View Post
Even Yellowjacket ....
That was my thought. THEN I would have been even happier that I chose the yellow ones with the black stamp at the Ace Race, to represent my Alma Mater.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Mbagnola1's Avatar
Mbagnola1 Mbagnola1 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTyburski View Post
I really enjoyed getting a feel for it in the Ace Race. But as someone before mentioned, I'd like to see the measurements compared to the DGA Squall; the profiles look nearly identical to me. And I wrote the Squall off personally because I already felt comfortable with other things in the flippy longer mid slot. But yes, if it goes into production, I think it will be good for DC and the game. It's a good disc, IMO.



That was my thought. THEN I would have been even happier that I chose the yellow ones with the black stamp at the Ace Race, to represent my Alma Mater.
I know there were some side by side comparisons in the original ace race speculation thread. If I remember right the squall is very similar but has a nose spacer.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM
discspeed's Avatar
discspeed discspeed is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkelly42 View Post
I saw a bunch of negative comments on the DC FB message.

I really hope this is a disc that sees production; I like it, and have thrown it quite a bit since the Ace Race back in September. But I really don't like the name. Swarm or Stinger would have been a better name, I think. Even Yellowjacket ....
Discraft should hire you to name their discs! I like all of those MUCH better than Zombee. If you are going to keep the Bee thing, why not stay with it all the way like one of those names would? Why bring the undead into it at all?

BTW, the first DC name that made me go WTF was the Crush. Discs should be named with nouns, not verbs.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:48 PM
smarkquart smarkquart is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 88
Posts: 2,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
Sometimes simple is better.
Simple is almost always better, especially if you are trying to find it after an arrant throw.
Reply With Quote
 

  #110  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 PM
tripp's Avatar
tripp tripp is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Waco TX
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 293
I like the name.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.