#41  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
JasonATL JasonATL is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 14
I am thinking about making the drive up from Louisiana for this event. Would past attendees say this is worth the drive and expense? I only get one "golf vacation" a year and want to make sure I pick a great one.

What tier is this event considered?

Any other advice for a first timer?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM
jcrab66's Avatar
jcrab66 jcrab66 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Avon, IN
Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonATL View Post
I am thinking about making the drive up from Louisiana for this event. Would past attendees say this is worth the drive and expense? I only get one "golf vacation" a year and want to make sure I pick a great one.

What tier is this event considered?

Any other advice for a first timer?

Thanks.
i would says its worth the drive

A Tier

have fun, its a blast...
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Script's Avatar
Script Script is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlotte
Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 25
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonATL View Post
I am thinking about making the drive up from Louisiana for this event. Would past attendees say this is worth the drive and expense? I only get one "golf vacation" a year and want to make sure I pick a great one.

What tier is this event considered?

Any other advice for a first timer?

Thanks.
My advice is this...

Do it, but lower your expectations. It is what you make of it. Come with the right people and you'll have a really good time. I stayed at a hotel last time, but I'll be camping next year.

The courses are not the star, just know that.

Fun tournament, I will be going back again most likely.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
jcburton24 jcburton24 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florence,AL.
Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 261
I have not made it to BG Ams the past two years because both of my travel partners play Open now. I plan on making the trip this year even if it is by myself. I have not looked at what courses Advanced Masters are playing but if Phil Moore is used I may decide against going. That is the worse course I have ever played by far. I had bad dreams about those damn white posts for weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 PM
jcburton24 jcburton24 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florence,AL.
Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 261
Well I see we do have to play there the very first round. Ugh. I may not go now afterall. Sure wish they would have used Franklin Simpson again instead of that crappy course. Anywhere but there would be ok.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM
JasonATL JasonATL is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Script View Post
My advice is this...

Do it, but lower your expectations. It is what you make of it. Come with the right people and you'll have a really good time. I stayed at a hotel last time, but I'll be camping next year.

The courses are not the star, just know that.

Fun tournament, I will be going back again most likely.
I really appreciate this input.

To be honest, the courses are pretty much my top factor when trying to decide on a place to go.

Having fun and camping and all of the fun are great at events but I can pretty much do that locally. If I drive 500+ miles to an event...I'm there to play disc golf and would like the rounds to be memorable in terms of "the golf".

Hope that makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 PM
1978 1978 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 185
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcburton24 View Post
I have not made it to BG Ams the past two years because both of my travel partners play Open now. I plan on making the trip this year even if it is by myself. I have not looked at what courses Advanced Masters are playing but if Phil Moore is used I may decide against going. That is the worse course I have ever played by far. I had bad dreams about those damn white posts for weeks.
Lol, really, worst course you have played?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:18 PM
1978 1978 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charlotte, Nc
Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 185
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonATL View Post
I really appreciate this input.

To be honest, the courses are pretty much my top factor when trying to decide on a place to go.

Having fun and camping and all of the fun are great at events but I can pretty much do that locally. If I drive 500+ miles to an event...I'm there to play disc golf and would like the rounds to be memorable in terms of "the golf".

Hope that makes sense.
The courses are good...if you play advanced you will play 4 totally different courses... They are cool courses and I had no issues with them even being an elitist NC player. Or you can go to Am Nats and play the same course 3 times. The atmosphere and players pack at Am Nats is the best that I have been to. 3 tee timed rounds = more sight seeing...or playing of area courses.

Last edited by 1978; 12-07-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 PM
JasonATL JasonATL is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
The courses are good...if you play advanced you will play 4 totally different courses... They are cool courses and I had no issues with them even being an elitist NC player. Or you can go to Am Nats and play the same course 3 times. The atmosphere and players pack at Am Nats is the best that I have been to. 3 tee timed rounds = more sight seeing...or playing of area courses.
That's good to know. I attended the Beaver State Fling last year and was blown away by the professionalism and atmosphere of that event. It was top notch all the way and is one of the coolest disc golf things I have ever gotten to do.

Right now, I am debating between this event and the Memorial Champ. in Arizona. This Bowling Green one would be a lot less expensive.
Reply With Quote
 

  #50  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is offline
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,007
Pandamoinum will again be an event sponsor, we are already gearing up for this as well so that we can bring some amazing products to you guys.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.