Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellR View Post
What did everyone learn from this weekend? I learned that you should pack salt and pepper when making eggs for breakfast, I need to learn my roc's more, learn to throw Flippy plastic, and to not 3 putt.
I learned that I need to learn a sidearm for more than just emergency recovery shots. Other than that, just keeping my head up after a bad throw/putt, and throwing more consistently across my whole bag. But the Sidearm is by far the biggest thing i took away from this tourney needing to learn.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
I learned that I need to learn a sidearm for more than just emergency recovery shots. Other than that, just keeping my head up after a bad throw/putt, and throwing more consistently across my whole bag. But the Sidearm is by far the biggest thing i took away from this tourney needing to learn.
for me it was to learn simple backhand shots in the woods lol

i did not throw backhand once at lovers or white park haha
Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 AM

payout

I was told we would get an email from discgolfu.com. Those cashing will receive credit in the form of "points"--i think. You can order what you want from dgu and it will be shipped to you. If I remember correctly from last year 1 point =.01 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty5150 View Post
so how does the payout work?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 127
Throwing Style: RHBH
I wish that I had shot better as the miserable rounds carried over to after round activities for me. On the whole, I averaged 51 points below my rating for the weekend throwing 3 of my 6 lowest rounds in 2.5 years of playing. The worst part was that I had nothing to blame but me.

It absolutely sucked being the last card and someone didn't show up, so we were following the 5-some lead card who was taking forever while our 3-some last card waited on every hole. I had a literal 10 minute wait on every single hole of every single round. I think that ended up getting to me.

Overall though, the tournament was very smoothly run and would have thoroughly enjoyed myself if I shot better.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:57 AM

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 16
Had a great time this year (my first year) at the BG Ams. Met some really cool people and shot some decent rounds (except my first round which was terrible). A big thanks to Justin, Noah, Aaron, Darrell, Thomas, and all the other guys whose names I forget, for being such great cardmates. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year for more good times.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25
Congrats Paul!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellR View Post
What did everyone learn from this weekend? I learned that you should pack salt and pepper when making eggs for breakfast, I need to learn my roc's more, learn to throw Flippy plastic, and to not 3 putt.
I learned to NOT throw into the Cedars at Keriakas! Had 5 different shots get under those things and it's almost impossible to get back out from under some of them.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 44
If anyone picked up my 175g Yellow Star Gator with Green Stamp, and "Powers" on the inside rim, from the water on hole 3 at Phil Moore Saturday afternoon, I'd appreciate getting it back. Went back right after my round with my retriever, and it was already gone.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 PM

Courses Played: 141
HB - any updates on who won the Hobson performance challenge rounds? I know there was a lockup at -1 in 3rd place after Wednesday, but did anyone best that on Thursday with the rain? If not, how were the ties decided?

Old 04-16-2013, 05:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiz View Post
The highlight of my weekend, far and away, was seeing Atlscott sandwiched on the dancefloor at a biker-bar by two (very mature) ladies.
The highlight of my weekend is not remembering that night very well.