Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
I turned in the scores. Along with the other 7 people who volunteered to give up their weekend to help out. I turned them into Andrew as soon as each round was over so that the ratings would be up asap
That's great. As someone who has ran big events, having someone turn in scores and do that is a major burden off the TD's shoulders. Thank you for taking the time to do that. I know HB appreciated it.

However this has nothing to do with paying the per player fee. The scores aren't official until the fee is paid.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 52
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty5150 View Post
The size of the tournament, ie. number of players and value etc etc, has nothing to do with turning in a report and paying fees. I'm not even sure why that's part of the discussion.
Agreed, so how did it get to a people bashing thread? I think a lot of people who get down on other people have their own flaws as well.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM
I think I'm important

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottyb View Post
Agreed, so how did it get to a people bashing thread?
A player asked where the results were. The TD posted he was waiting to the per player fee based on a sponsorship. A local respected player, Shawn Sinclair, posted that the sponsorship was bogus and then...

KABOOM!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 52
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb
I saw someone came online and posted once. I mean I could sign up as anyone and post information to stir the pot, this is the interwebz.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:07 PM

So the reason the BG Ams ended up in HB's hands was that everyone locally had had enough of his crap! So we just said forget it.

Then in 2011 myself, Ernie, Howie, Juliana, and Rick and Sylvia decided it wasn't fair to the players to continue to let this happen. So we started a completely new club. SOKY Disc Golf Club.

At the end of this past year we got support from the parks department, the tourism board, the PDGA, the list of players above plus former BG TD's Andy Ritter, and Rocky Russell to commit to running the BG Ams in 2013. We put in a proposal to the PDGA and it came down to who actually created the event. Well Larry Bledsoe created the Bowling Green Amateur Championships. When HB started running it he changed the name to The Amateur Championships in Bowling Green. I contacted Larry about the event and he said that he was not going to get involved and take a side. So we couldn't run the event using the BG Ams name. We could run an event called The SOKY Amateur Championships. However HB told the pdga that he didn't care if they sanction his event he was going to run it regardless as a southern national event.

Deciding that it was going to be too much of a headache to deal with it for this year we told the PDGA that instead of running our own we would offer to work together with HB. He said NO!

The SOKY club would run this event in a heart beat next year. We have the staff and the experience to take this event to the next level. We want the BG community to get better and better. We want an NT back in BG. We want the courses to get better. Right now the only money from that event that stays in the community is $1.00 per player. We would not require the vendors to be the course TD's when they have paid $500.00 to be there.

When myself, Larry, Ernie, Rick, Sylivia, and Juliana ran the events we had 720+ Ams and an NT with 162 pros!

We are ready and willing to step up and make it happen for 2014.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsinclair View Post

If y'all do it in 2014 can you have the flymart in a venue that allows beer? Seems like back in 2010 there was a band and Yaarab Shriner's serving beer.

Last edited by craigd; 05-23-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM
I think I'm important

Always wanted to play BG. If Shawn and crew take it back over, I will be at that event!!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:21 PM
*Reform School Scholar*

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
So the reason the BG Ams ended up in HB's hands was that everyone locally had had enough of his crap! So we just said forget it.

Then in 2011 myself, Ernie, Howie, Juliana, and Rick and Sylvia decided it wasn't fair to the players to continue to let this happen. So we started a completely new club. SOKY Disc Golf Club.

At the end of this past year we got support from the parks department, the tourism board, the PDGA, the list of players above plus former BG TD's Andy Ritter, and Rocky Russell to commit to running the BG Ams in 2013. We put in a proposal to the PDGA and it came down to who actually created the event. Well Larry Bledsoe created the Bowling Green Amateur Championships. When HB started running it he changed the name to The Amateur Championships in Bowling Green. I contacted Larry about the event and he said that he was not going to get involved and take a side. So we couldn't run the event using the BG Ams name. We could run an event called The SOKY Amateur Championships. However HB told the pdga that he didn't care if they sanction his event he was going to run it regardless as a southern national event.

Deciding that it was going to be too much of a headache to deal with it for this year we told the PDGA that instead of running our own we would offer to work together with HB. He said NO!

The SOKY club would run this event in a heart beat next year. We have the staff and the experience to take this event to the next level. We want the BG community to get better and better. We want an NT back in BG. We want the courses to get better. Right now the only money from that event that stays in the community is $1.00 per player. We would not require the vendors to be the course TD's when they have paid $500.00 to be there.

When myself, Larry, Ernie, Rick, Sylivia, and Juliana ran the events we had 720+ Ams and an NT with 162 pros!

i would probably drag my ass out there if you guys ran it. sounds great!!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
DONT come back next year. Not only will there be enough players to fill your spots, there will be a waiting list for those spots.

Maybe, for just once, the tournament community could be appreciative of what they got instead of bitching about everything that didnt go right. But I fear I'm asking way too much
If everyone there had your attitude I wouldn't come back. I have thanked the TD of BG for his effort every year I've been there. People have legitimate concerns. You come back biting people's heads off. Chill for a moment.

Personally I don't care that much about the ratings not being updated so quickly. I did care when the port-o-potty at the course HB was at all week didn't have toilet paper in it. I tried to bring it to his attention and got some sarcastic remark in return. Good thing I had 2 towels in my bag.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 87
Quote:

Hope this happens