Old 11-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
I think I'll take up Bowling.

So this afternoon I shot what was probably the worst round in the last five years. Three pars, nine bogeys, three doubles, let's not talk about the rest. Add in (or rather, subtract out) the disc that wound up in the lake and you see what I mean.

What about you? Ready to put down the disc and pick up the ball? Or racquet? Or whatever? Let's hear the horror stories!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 16
We've all had those awful awful days where you just wanna throw your bag in the middle of the street run it over n never come back but those are the day that make you better and mentally stronger. So stay in it n next time you have a bad game you can always say well Ive done worse.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
A few rounds ago (maybe 4 months ago), I was +7 on the front 9. And I play a pretty easy course. I had missed putts, sucky drives, wayward approaches...you name it.

Needless to say I was trying VERY hard to get a great score on the back nine to make up for it. Well, we all know what happens when you try VERY hard to get a great score. YOU SUCK EVEN MORE. I think I ended up at +20 or something. By hole 16 I was in "F" it mode and my arm was too tired to continue.

Not a fun day at all.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHFH
Last weekend I was playing in the last round of a tournament. I hadn't been playing for the other rounds but its my favorite course so I'm thinking that I'm going to make up some strokes and try to cash. I started on hole 9 and I was playing a solid round. When I get to hole one im 1 over and I throw the first 8 I have ever thrown, i threw out of bounds two times in a row. The next hole is the longest on the course (922 I think) I walk up to the tee box and think let's just get a 4-5 and move on. I throw another two ob's and miss a ten foot putt to finish with a ten. Needless to say I was exploding.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 114
Nope. I've never wanted to put down my discs. Not once sence I picked disc golf up.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.3
Courses Played: 85
A couple of weeks ago I shot a +17. The next round, same cousre/tees I shot a +3. Its all good. As much as I like bowling, I would never give up disc golf completely for it, or anything else.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 63
Send a message via AIM to shoe59
usually when I feel like quitting, it's because I'm missing putts.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
I still have pretty low expectations in general, so it would take a phenomenally awful to discourage me at this point.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 32
Two days before my last tournament, I played a round at a pitch and putt course and was way over par on it! I also threw one of my anodes that I had just bought into some brush and it took me 25 minutes to find it through the thorns and swampy water. I did go bowling after that round and went to the course of the tournament the next day. Thankfully, I was throwing pretty good there and I got a little confidence back. The next morning I made just about every putt I threw in warm-up and I ended up faring well in the tournament all things considered.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexikid0669 View Post
The next hole is the longest on the course (922 I think) I walk up to the tee box and think let's just get a 4-5 and move on. I throw another two ob's and miss a ten foot putt to finish with a ten. Needless to say I was exploding.
Ouch.

Yea, I did something similar in my first tourney. I threw OB twice on hole 7 and got a 7. It's a hole I usually 3. It was all down hill from there.