Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Whenever I'm having an awful round (playing by myself) I just turn it into a practice session. I start working on certain shots that haven't been working.

If I'm playing with a group, I try to shrug it off and have a good time. I mean that's why I'm out there, right? I can be pissed at work.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.3
Courses Played: 85
Right!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 37
I was considering picking up darts after our tag league handicap tourney. It was based off of our 10 lowest scores of the year, and I played a lot of rounds this year so I had some really good ones. My handicap was only 4 and it was a two round event. First round I did OK and shot a natural 59 (55 adjusted), but the second round my game simply shat the bed. On the first hole, I shot a circle 8 (235ft par 3) and it set the tone for the whole round. Needless to say, I didn't cash...
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 40
I don't have time to play DG as often as I want, much less go bowling.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 AM

Years Playing: 5.1
I threw my first and only ace on the worst day of disc golf I've ever been a part of. I lost 2 discs that day, a friend in the group lost a disc, and another one had an ace disc stolen. No one threw well, and we were spending more time looking for plastic in the woods than actually playing. Then I threw an ace on the 2nd to last hole. It's the only shot I remember that day, but it was well worth it.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 79
When I have a bad round of golf, I want to get away from it for a while. Luckily I have many other activities to keep myself busy: Motocross, BMX, MTB, Table Tennis, Slot cars, Darts, Pool, Tennis. Oh & I could always do something around the house, work on the car, etc. I feel bad for people who dont have any other interests. You'll burn out quickly!
P.S. I love bowling!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkeyPuck View Post
Whenever I'm having an awful round (playing by myself) I just turn it into a practice session. I start working on certain shots that haven't been working.

If I'm playing with a group, I try to shrug it off and have a good time. I mean that's why I'm out there, right? I can be pissed at work.
This is how I feel about it. When I'm having a bad round, I just stop worrying about my score and focus on enjoying the beautiful outdoors or joking with my friends. I don't play well if I'm not in a good mood anyway. This sport is for fun! That being said, this is much more difficult for me to achieve when I'm playing a tourney and not doing so well. Something to work on

If I don't play for 4 or 5 days I start to get a really strong urge to get out there. That really ignites my disc golf spirit!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 178
Bad decisions, poor putting and a general lack of volition to concentrate. Usually, it is best to take a deep breathe and look around. How bad is life while outside with friends, putting in a little exercise. Though disc golf is still better than bowling, it is way better that a good day at work.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
I just got back from a round that included a FOUR on a wide open 240 foot hole. That's the kind of morning it was.

I pretty much parked the drive, then missed the 15 foot birdie putt, it rolled 25 feet from the basket, and I missed the par putt.

Last edited by BigSky; 11-21-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 30
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.