Old 11-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
To clarify: I want to go back to a Torque Monkey wandering the course using OAT to crush overstable, too fast plastic.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 12
The last time I considered quitting disc golf was...wait, I've never considered quitting disc golf. I have had some absolutely terrible rounds and not once during those rounds did I ever think about quitting. I have unloaded every disc in my bag at a water hazard hole in the Tin Cup style but that was only because I felt it was time to replace every disc in my bag. :-)
Old 11-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 135
2 yrs ago i put down the disc bag for several months, extremely burnt, just not having fun. I bought my bitchin trail blazing Gary Fisher which filled the void and more. multiple concussions later i was back throwing plastic. the end.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralQuack View Post
not a big fan of hers, so over my head...

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 73
I don't have those types of rounds as often anymore (thankfully). But when I do, I usually take a few days off, then play a round at my local easy 9 hole with just my Ion and Anode. It seems hard for me to not enjoy myself playing with just those two discs.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Ahh, got ya now, lol.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
I bowled on Saturday night... house ball, house shoes... 179 and a 166. not shabby with no warm up and 2nd time bowling this year....
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
I quit yesterday but just for the day. I've only been playing about 6 months and love it but tried to play Renaissance in Charlotte NC.

Spent about an hour total playing golf and about 3 hours looking for discs. Only ended up losing one but quit after 14 holes due to and oncoming darkness.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
haha. I was there too. I lost my Star Leopard on hole 3 after deucing hole 2 with an ace run that was in the gully past the basket.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 161
I've never gotten so mad during a casual round that I've wanted to quit forever, but my first couple of tournaments made me want to never ever play in tournaments. My first was the St. Louis open '08. I'd been playing a few months, and the open was held at Endicott. I was carded with a couple local pros (and I knew it) for my first round, and I proceeded to hit every tree. Every. Tree. Every tree. Every hole. I was carding 8's like they were minors in prom dresses. Just mortifying. Second round was no better. The next tournament? Not much better. I realized that I had no mental game whatsoever, and the prospect of playing with people I didn't know intimidated me. But I got better, and now, while I am not "tournament player" per se, I have learned to not care about a crappy hole, which allows me to move on to the next one without the baggage of anger and shame. And PRESTO, I have fewer crappy holes.
But casual, no, I've never wanted to stop. Angry, yes sometimes, but finished? Nope.