Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
At a tourney yesterday, we all decided to ace run everything four holes in. The first guy up throws really hard on like a 120' hole for the ace, goes too high, hits the dude on the teepad right in the cream snacks.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 55
I am really due. I have hit a few people. The first time I turned over a King on a long downhill shot. At mid flight it occured to me that the practice basket was in the direction of my drive. My friend and I run to the left of the pad to see around the corner. I see one guy practice putting and we start yelling "fore!" just before he gets hit he turns toward us and takes a massive shot in the gut. It knocked him back on the ground. After we got down- I appolagize, he shows me a massive gash just below the ribs. Next time I was in a tournament. A family decides to go for a walk in the disc golf park! I yelled "fore", because my shot went out of sight. The dad got hit pretty hard in the arm. He waited for me so he could tell me about it. Again I apolagized. I really thought it might end badly- it did not. Once on a 400'+ wide open hole I had a woman and her kids decide to play 30' in front of the box... I explain to her that it is not a good idea to play here. If you just move 30' to the right or left you will be clear of any flying discs. She gets pissed at me - decides to stand 30' in front of me and says "you couldnt hit me if you tried" LOL! I told her thats fine just move your kids out of the way first and you can dodge my full throttle rip. She just wondered off eventually and it ended without conflict.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 68
Took a nuke to the jar and got knocked down had no idea what happend.. Just remember I couldn't chew for a few days
Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 31
I was playing Polish Horseshoes with a Magnet against my brother and his girlfriend on the beach. I threw my shot at the post/can but was a little off target and she wasn't paying attention. The disc hit her square in the chest (bikini top) and let's just say she was a little upset.

During Intimidation Doubles last year, the "intimidator" was kneeling on the ground about 50 feet in front of the tee. The guy throwing hit him in the nose with a destroyer. It was a 330 foot hole so the disc was moving. Broken nose, lots of blood, and stitches required.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:18 PM

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 6
I recieved 7 stitches from being hit in the face with a champion boss... It was not his fault as the course has hole 9 and 10 like a 2 way road. he gave me the boss and it is hanging on the wall with my 700 dollar bill for 7 stitches unpaid... lol
Old 11-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
We have a course where people get whacked but I don't condone it. I would never do it on the course and have never had it happen to me on the course.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
What? Someone had to go there.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Bogey Member

I hit a guy in the arm during a distance competition during CCR Open 2012. I can normally get a disc out to around 500' So it was cooking. He was walking to retreive some of his drives and I turned one over to much and hit him above the elbow about 250ft out. No cuts, Large bruise and swelling though. Me and 20 others were yelling fore, no response. Sorry dude. Disc was Blizzard Boss.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
I got hit 2 weeks ago in the right eye area. People were practicing putting before our mini. Everyone was walking to be basket to get their discs. I hear "FOUR" and I look up to find this disc and SMACK! Knocked my contacts out and gave me a black eye and bruised nose. The day before my putting was on and I took second in Open at our mini. This day it took me around 6 holes to finally be able to focus on the basket. Threw my entire game off.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflores View Post
I got hit 2 weeks ago in the right eye area. People were practicing putting before our mini. Everyone was walking to be basket to get their discs. I hear "FOUR" and I look up to find this disc and SMACK! Knocked my contacts out and gave me a black eye and bruised nose.
Never look up when someone calls out fore or "heads up"; I raise my hands up around my head for protection.