#101  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 AM
The Valkyrie Kid The Valkyrie Kid is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Puyallup, WA
Years Playing: 36.2
Courses Played: 680
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
Humorous topic, especially 5 favorites from someone who's played---5 courses.

Dabney/Portland OR
Bryant/Albany OR
Ann Morrison/Boise ID
Lakeview/Sarasota FL
North Bonneville/Stevenson WA
ohtobediscing,

Finally someone who shares my appreciation for North Bonneville. Yes, the course has some navigational issues but I thought it had a couple of the prettiest golf holes I've played.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:06 PM
DirtyMittenDG's Avatar
DirtyMittenDG DirtyMittenDG is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay City, MI
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
1. Flyboy
2. Flyboy
3. Flyboy
4. Flyboy
5. Flyboy
What a surprise!
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Connor Jones's Avatar
Connor Jones Connor Jones is offline
International Hair Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
What a surprise!
It's cool to act like that. There are a lot of people who have played hundreds, not located in Georgia, who would agree.

Not saying it's everyones favorite, because opinions and style of courses differ. It just happens to be my favorite and it always will be, it's more than a course to me, it's almost a second home.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM
jasonc's Avatar
jasonc jasonc is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lake County, IL
Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 130
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid View Post
ohtobediscing,

Finally someone who shares my appreciation for North Bonneville. Yes, the course has some navigational issues but I thought it had a couple of the prettiest golf holes I've played.
Pics? There are only 2 on the course page.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM
DirtyMittenDG's Avatar
DirtyMittenDG DirtyMittenDG is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay City, MI
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
It's cool to act like that. There are a lot of people who have played hundreds, not located in Georgia, who would agree.

Not saying it's everyones favorite, because opinions and style of courses differ. It just happens to be my favorite and it always will be, it's more than a course to me, it's almost a second home.
Yeah, im just playin. But you don't have a top 4 after that? A reference like that from a credible person like you might be useful to some.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 PM
DavidSauls's Avatar
DavidSauls DavidSauls is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newberry, SC
Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Posts: 7,364
We could ask Connor for his numbers 6 through 10, but they might be Flyboy too.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:45 PM
heartman's Avatar
heartman heartman is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Athens, GA
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
Yeah, im just playin. But you don't have a top 4 after that? A reference like that from a credible person like you might be useful to some.
Connor's next 4 would be:

2) Brackett's Bluff
3) Stoney Hill
4) Flat Rock

... and #5 would be one of these: IDGC, Fox Chase, Perkerson, JP Moseley, McCurry, Bradford, Buckhorn, Renny
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
NDABRUSH NDABRUSH is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On a charriot of fire
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Posts: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
It's cool to act like that. There are a lot of people who have played hundreds, not located in Georgia, who would agree.

Not saying it's everyones favorite, because opinions and style of courses differ. It just happens to be my favorite and it always will be, it's more than a course to me, it's almost a second home.
Glad you enjoy/enjoyed it so much conner, just wish it was more playable. Do you know if he/they have ever considered charging a large enough amount per round so as to be able to hire a grounds crew. Do you think 2 full time employees could handle the upkeep and be on premises(if necessary) while rounds are played? I would love to be able to play a round alone or with this one friend that sucks a much as myself.... oh well.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 PM
DavidSauls's Avatar
DavidSauls DavidSauls is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newberry, SC
Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Posts: 7,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDABRUSH View Post
Glad you enjoy/enjoyed it so much conner, just wish it was more playable. Do you know if he/they have ever considered charging a large enough amount per round so as to be able to hire a grounds crew. Do you think 2 full time employees could handle the upkeep and be on premises(if necessary) while rounds are played? I would love to be able to play a round alone or with this one friend that sucks a much as myself.... oh well.
The issue, as I understand it, is that the course is on community-owned land in a private community. The limitations on playing are part of an agreement with the other property owners to allow the course to remain.
Reply With Quote
 

  #110  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Innovadude Innovadude is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: On the road, on the course
Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 225
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 275
No particular order

Pickard- Iowa
Idlewild- Kentucky
BRATS- Michigan (my own, must include it)
Morraine- PA
HighBridge Hills- WI (old 2005 Granite layout was #1, weakened for Worlds in 2007) but I'll list the complex as a course in general still prefer GR to Blueberry unlike most
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Disc Golf Center

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.