Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
Who the heck is calling you a credible person???
Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 PM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
Who the heck is calling you a credible person???
The world is changing.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 715
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDABRUSH View Post
Glad you enjoy/enjoyed it so much conner, just wish it was more playable. Do you know if he/they have ever considered charging a large enough amount per round so as to be able to hire a grounds crew. Do you think 2 full time employees could handle the upkeep and be on premises(if necessary) while rounds are played? I would love to be able to play a round alone or with this one friend that sucks a much as myself.... oh well.
I could handle a full time job of upkeeping a disc golf course on my own. Every . . . course maybe not, but many courses . . . perhaps I become an independent contractor hired by a county to maintain all of their courses. There is no way 40 hours per week are needed to maintain an entire course. I am honestly trying to work my way in to be able to sell my maintenance services to some parks that can no longer keep up with the maintenance. Parks that have relied on volunteers to do it for many years. That is the old way of disc golf course maintenance but fewer and fewer people want to put down their bags to help maintain a course . . . I want to offer my 20 year career in golf course maintenance and lawn and landscape design and maintenance to some of these parks. Let me charge for the course, sell discs and give a portion back to the parks to pay my own salary.

Not sure how well received it will be but I am pushing for it because I think it would work great. I just need the right equipment. Since I own a landscape company I currently have the equipment to use until I can afford more specifically for this venture.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 34
Of the 23 courses I've played ~

NAD ~ Bremerton, WA
Lakewood King County ~ Seattle, WA
Whistler's Bend ~ Roseburg, OR
El Dorado ~ Long Beach, CA
La Mirada ~ La Mirada, CA
Old 12-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
Get out of my head, way too close to accurate .

Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 36.2
Courses Played: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by harr0140 View Post
I could handle a full time job of upkeeping a disc golf course on my own. Every . . . course maybe not, but many courses . . . perhaps I become an independent contractor hired by a county to maintain all of their courses. There is no way 40 hours per week are needed to maintain an entire course. I am honestly trying to work my way in to be able to sell my maintenance services to some parks that can no longer keep up with the maintenance. Parks that have relied on volunteers to do it for many years. That is the old way of disc golf course maintenance but fewer and fewer people want to put down their bags to help maintain a course . . . I want to offer my 20 year career in golf course maintenance and lawn and landscape design and maintenance to some of these parks. Let me charge for the course, sell discs and give a portion back to the parks to pay my own salary.

Not sure how well received it will be but I am pushing for it because I think it would work great. I just need the right equipment. Since I own a landscape company I currently have the equipment to use until I can afford more specifically for this venture.
Mike,

Don't ask me to write you a letter of recommendation. I'd be forced to tell them the truth. That I think you'd be spending all your time playing and finding new courses to bag.

The Valkyrie Kid
Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid View Post
Mike,

Don't ask me to write you a letter of recommendation. I'd be forced to tell them the truth. That I think you'd be spending all your time playing and finding new courses to bag.

The Valkyrie Kid
I can't believe it, but I think I would enjoy working on the course as much as I would playing it . . . making it as good as it can possibly be. I always would have the winter off which is no different than what i do right now.

I certainly cannot get enough of design. I have looked at one property 4 times in 3 weeks and have had an awesome time out there. I literally feel the adrenaline when I find a cool shot or nice hole. It probably doesn't help that I have had Anxiety disorder my entire life. I refuse to take drugs for it, I just want to learn how to deal with it on my own.

I walked another property today too . . . and once I get a little more info I will be knees deep in finding the best layout on that property too.

I love it all, I just want to make the game better and raise the bar in terms of design, installation, and maintenance.

I am not getting any better at the game now anyways, so I might as well take that childesh enthusiasm i had for the first 4 years and direct it in a way that will satisfy my craving for the game.

Don't get me wrong, I still love playing and I definitely still appreciate playing new courses as often as I can (I get the same adrenaline rush when I see that incredible shot, or the most beautiful hole carved out of nature).

Maybe I should have just been a hippie and I was transplanted to the wrong time in history.

Last edited by harr0140; 12-07-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Birdie Member

My Fab Five:

Beaver Ranch - Conifer, Colorado

Whistler's Bend - Roseburg, Oregon

Sunset Park - Lewiston, Idaho

Crooked Creek Original 18 - Chapin, South Carolina

Riverside Park - St. Cloud, Minnesota
Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harr0140 View Post
I can't believe it, but I think I would enjoy working on the course as much as I would playing it . . . making it as good as it can possibly be. I always would have the winter off which is no different than what i do right now.
NOPE! I'd put you in charge of maintaining some year around courses in Cali or some places. No more vacations for Mr. Harr! Just work, work and more work!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid View Post
My Fab Five:

Beaver Ranch - Conifer, Colorado

Whistler's Bend - Roseburg, Oregon

Sunset Park - Lewiston, Idaho

Crooked Creek Original 18 - Chapin, South Carolina

Riverside Park - St. Cloud, Minnesota
Crooked Creek is one I also felt was super underrated. It had so many unique features . . . and I didnt even find the alternate 6 or 9 holes to the south of the rest of the park.