Old 08-14-2014, 09:22 PM

Truth vs. Mace; differences?

I've not been happy with my Roc filling my overstable mid slot; it just doesn't feel right in my hand and, when thrown flat, doesn't hit the line I wish it would. I had an Innova Shark but lost it earlier this summer (it had seasoned to really straight anyways), and so I'm looking for an overstable mid with a bit more fade than my Axis. I've also been wanting to try Dynamic Discs and Lat64 discs out for a little while now.

So right now, I'm looking at either the Truth or the Mace; the Truth would be in Lucid plastic, 178 grams, and the Mace a misprint Gold Line at 175-176 grams. I guess I'm really looking at how the flights compare, how flat/domey each feels, how deep the rim is etc? I throw RHBH with mids

If anyone can compare it to an Axis, Shark, Skeeter, or Roc that'd be awesome since I have experience throwing those discs. I don't mind buying both to try out, but if the feedback is more one way or the other for either disc then that's some money saved right there!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
How does the Mace and Truth compare against each other?
Old 08-14-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridZombiw View Post
How does the Mace and Truth compare against each other?
Yes, that's my question, probably didn't state it clearly though, oops
Old 08-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Birdie Member

They're nothing alike. If you want an overstable mid, the truth is not it. It's a fast mid like a Buzzz. A truth has more glide than a Buzzz's and is about as stable. Really straight with almost no fade, but breaks in to have some turn relatively fast.

Haven't thrown a mace but it seems like it's damn near a roc. Looks like it could handle torque better tho, whatever that's worth
Old 08-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
If you find a good Roc, it should be more overstable than either the Truth or the Mace. The Vector may be worth a try if you like MVP.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:52 PM

I was concerned about the Vector being as overstable as the Roc. I think I don't quite understand what Overstable means though; I guess what I'm really looking for is something more OS than the Axis while still straighter than the Roc.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Overstable discs will fade more and turn less. For a right-handed player throwing backhand, overstable discs will go left more than other discs.

If you want something less overstable than a Roc, but more overstable than an Axis, I would suggest either beating up a Roc, buying a new Axis (if yours is beat up), or seeking an appropriate mold. I think the Truth may be what you're looking for. The Mace is slightly less overstable in comparison to the Roc, but those I know who have thrown both tend to prefer Rocs.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:10 PM

Ok, then Overstable is what I was thinking. I've had the Roc for a while and thrown it a decent amount, it is a KC Pro so maybe that has it season more slowly than I would imagine it would.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Eagle Member

Mace is like a shorter less glidey Roc, and Truth is just straight straight straight. Get a verdict and thank me later...no joke... get a verdict...do it, do it, do it, do it..

Old 08-14-2014, 10:17 PM

That's interesting; would you compare a Mace to a Gator? That's a disc I've been thinking of for the future.

The Verdict has a 3.5 fade rating, as opposed to the 2 of the Mace and Truth and 3 of the Roc. How accurate are flight ratings in telling how the disc will fly then?

And I'm sorry if I come through as completely ignorant because, well, I kind of am in a lot of areas in buying and evaluating discs!