Old 04-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
I've been throwing a hot pink 171 Amp quite a bit the last couple of weeks. It's been a pretty nice all-purpose driver for me.

I get no turn out of it, a mainly straight flight, and consistent fade. It seems to handle wind quite well too: certainly not the prototypical flippy understable driver.

It's not as long as some of my other discs, but it is very easy to control and consistent. Nice disc.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Birdie Member

Had some great shots with my amp last night. For some reason I always seem to have low expectations, but it really comes through. It's crazy long and straight, fits my hand well and goes really easily for my 300ft of power.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:53 AM

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
Had some great shots with my amp last night. For some reason I always seem to have low expectations, but it really comes through. It's crazy long and straight, fits my hand well and goes really easily for my 300ft of power.
My experience has been the same. I generally don't consider using my amp, but the last 2 drives I've used it for have been excellent. My Amp has a nice bit of turn, but always seems to come back. It earned a spot back in my bag and I'm looking forward to beating it in.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
I came an inch away from losing my trusty Amp on Wednesday. I didn't throw the anny angle correctly and it went straight instead of turning over, and hit a wall an inch from the top. It would have landed in someone's backyard. I may have gotten it back, but these days nobody answers their door, and I'm not nimble enough to climb a 6 foot wall. (Plus I don't believe in tresspassing even if I could)

I'll never throw you towards a house again, old friend.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Birdie Member

BigSky, are you bagging the switch as well? How do you use each if you do?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 37
the switch is a leopard like fairway driver, well for me anyway. I have heard some people say there switch's don't turn much, but mine is already flippylike a slightly used leopard. Have you tried the inertia yet? At your power level that would be like a longer amp.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Birdie Member

Unfortunately I have never tried a Leopard. I have a Jackle that Ilike. I am behind on my disc wish list by quite a bit, but I definitely willbe ge tting an Inertia. The reason I asked about the switch is because it's more my speed and I know BigSky has similar power to me and likes the Amp as I do.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
BigSky, are you bagging the switch as well? How do you use each if you do?
No.

My bag is: (Bold are my bread and butter)

Inertia
Amp
Shock
Resistor (very rarely throw)
N Volt
N Tangent
N Axis
N Tensor (rarely throw)
N Ion

I play most rounds just throwing my Amp and Ions. Now it's becoming more Inertia and Ions. But the Amp still has that spot for long approaches, or drives under 300'.

I'm waiting on the fliptastic-ness of the Impulse to see where it might fit in my bag. I currently don't have anything that understable. If the Impulse is not that flippy, I may artificially beat in my Switch for that slot.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 37
The leopard is stable/slightly US speed 6 fairway driver. You will probly like the switch. It has already taken over many of the shots I use my leopards for. I don't have a huge arm but I can tune up a D4 to 420-440 range in the right conditions. I usually use the switch in the 250-290 range when I need a flip up straight shot, or a short ahny. It also works great as a dead straight tailwind driver for me in the 275-300 range. I've only thrown an amp a couple times but I think the switch should fit in nicely to your bag.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Birdie Member

I know what the Leopard is, I've just not thrown one.

I've got:

Soft anode
fuse
axis
vector
tensor
155 servo
amp

Sometimes I throw in a firebird but never seem to find a use for it. I've got two first run volts too, but struggle to get the distance out of them.

Is the switch just too much overlap with the Amp for you BigSky? Seems like the switch ought to be more control able and maybe even fly nearly as far for lower power throwers?