Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
I will say that when I torque the anny it drops out of the sky faster than I want. Doesn't roll just sorta drops and burns
Old 11-22-2012, 09:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
A 300ft power guy can make it hold an anny. If you can control a TB, river or jls you will like the Amp
In related news, all of the noodle-armed MVP fans need a clean pair of shorts (this guy included).
Old 11-23-2012, 08:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
I wonder if the gang at MVP was trying to get the Amp out before Black Friday or not.

Any word from the testers today?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:42 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I wonder if the gang at MVP was trying to get the Amp out before Black Friday or not.

Any word from the testers today?

12.7.2012 was the date that they published.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr123psu View Post
12.7.2012 was the date that they published.
I could have been more specific...

I meant I wonder if they were initially trying to get everything done so the disc would have been ready for full release before Black Friday so they could take advantage of the sales. It certainly would have helped the bottom line, but, who knows.

Considering everythng else MVP has done, it may be that Black Friday didn't even matter, and they were just trying to perfect the Amp.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
I'm pretty sure it was not intended for black Friday

Those sales are more for the retailers. MVP releases pretty much always have a black Friday frenzy anyways
Old 11-23-2012, 09:47 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 586
The announcement is on PDGA home page this morning.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMagoo View Post
I'll probably pick one up either way. If it's easier to throw straight/anny than the Volt then I guess it could be useful. Hopefully they will do a overstable fairway/driver soon, that would be the tits!
I think the name for that one will be "Ohm", then they have the whole "Ohm's Law" trilogy sorted...

http://www.hamuniverse.com/ohmchart.gif
Old 11-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
I think the name for that one will be "Ohm", then they have the whole "Ohm's Law" trilogy sorted...

http://www.hamuniverse.com/ohmchart.gif
That would be pretty cool

Old 11-23-2012, 12:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
The announcement is on PDGA home page this morning.
I appreciate the PDGA working with us to hold off on the info. It didn't go 100% as planned, but it's an important step for manufacturers. I'm posting this to you, Chuck, as a general Thanks to the PDGA and to make a case for why this should become the norm.

Here's the predicament manufacturers face:

Product launches are fun and exciting, and a huge part of that is the surprise factor that DG rarely experiences. It's too risky NOT to get a model approved before ramping up production for an expedient general release, so you've gotta get the PDGA involved. At that point your launch is in their hands... name, mold specs, some pretty valuable information could be released at any time. Too often a new model is announced with the unceremonious Approval statement, whereas a designated "do not release info" date allows the manufacturer to plan and execute a real launch. We kept the Amp very, very secret for a long time, and we were able to do something unique for its announcement. It was the coolest launch announcement we've had and I'm grateful to the PDGA for working with us.

This is a move toward accepting and encouraging mainstream business practices in the industry. We asked the PDGA to hold the info, at an inconvenience and complication to their process, and they obliged. Again, it didn't go exactly as planned, but we still had our chance to drop all-new unheard info onto the general public. This is the season of infinitely adaptable action plans, and we rolled with it.

I hope the PDGA will consider a change in their Approval process that allows for and encourages more exciting disc releases. This one was cool, and if it could be the prototype for future launches, I'd be happy for every manufacturer and the fans of those companies. This is one major way that Disc Golf Breaking News can exist!

---
FYI for the Volt approval announcement, myself and the MVP bros were up for hours watching the PDGA site to trigger our prepared website updates and posts to forums. That's how much we cared about the quality and source of that info release, and it went great. With the Amp, we had a concrete date to plan against for launch. All of this is a move in a great direction.