Old 11-26-2012, 05:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 196
It's a cool stamp. If they are OS someone will like them. No harm, no foul.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
It's a cool stamp. If they are OS someone will like them. No harm, no foul.
Dude, it's got a TURN knob. Just give it some more Turn.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
I'm not suprised that with the look of the wing if the plh rides hide it would be very hss with a teebirdesque flight.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:31 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
Dude, it's got a TURN knob. Just give it some more Turn.
Wugga wugga wugga!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 27
Yeah I'm honestly confused by what this mold is intended to accomplish after my first day with them.

The white, thrown hard fh or bh flew like a fresh 1.2 QOLF for the most part, generally wanted to lock straight, glide out then have a reliable fade. On a really hard throw in a mild headwind there might be a bit of turn but it would always recover.

The red one definitely has a lot less high speed stability. Towards the end of the round once I got used to it I found it easy to control but at first the contrast between the two made the red one feel tricky to dial in. It has potential to be in my bag for shots like a 350' low ceiling hyzer flip that finishes right, or a 300' low ceiling shot I want to pop flat from hyzer and have no fade. It was also fun for sky anny's but thrown with too much anhyzer it wanted to dive instead of glide and ride the angle out gracefully. I had to let it turn itself some and start with a less pronounced release angle than I wanted it to actually fly on. In this way the red one has a clear distinction in flight behavior from my Volts because on sky anny's they hold the angle of release. Volts also have much straight flights thrown flat and don't need as much hyzer to hold straight.

The white one, while I really enjoy it, makes me question is the Amp supposed to be like the flippy red or stable white? They're both good but they are quite different and people, including me, will want to be able to tell which type they will get when they order one.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 28
This is why I suggest not trying to compare it to a Volt. They hold similar lines but do so in completely different ways. Try just looking at the Amp by itself, no volts in the bag or on the mind. The amp is much better at controlled turnovers and pured shots
Old 11-26-2012, 05:52 PM
* Ace Member *

It sounds like your white Amp is different from mine despite being the same weight and color. While my white is a good deal more stable than my red it is still closer to the red Amp than it is to my Volts.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 35
I don't care much for understable drivers, fairway drivers in particular. I kind of wanted to add the Amp to the bag just to have some US fairway goodness to mess around with, but if it's not particularly understable, then why couldn't I just beat in one of my other fairways (not neccisarily the Volt: as zj1002 stated, they're not the same disc)

I want an all MVP bag to take to Korea with me for the year I'm there, but these initial tests have left me wondering: what's the hook with the Amp? Do I really need it?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Finally got mine. The wing definitely doesn't look like that of an understable driver. The rim also feels a little deeper than the Volt, but that could be just because I have gotten used to it. Looking forward to getting out these next couples days to throw them. Supposed to get a heatwave starting tomorrow! (low-mid 30s highs!)

Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 28
I think ZAM hit the Amp spot on when he asked me if it was a longer MJLS. Its got a bit less stabilty but just enough to be useful as a straight fairway driver

Im leaning towards putting this thing at 9/5/-2.5/1

Its really right inbetween -2,-3 turn for me. I think that this accounts for the variation in stability as well. I examined the box ZAM got from MVP and saw no variation from mine in PLH and dome. Only one was warped but when pushed flat had the same profile