Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
Right? These guys of all people should know that their discs came off the line very VERY early in the run. Some FR Axis and Vectors had anomalies early in their respective run. The pre-release Vectors and Axis I got were a mix of mostly the funky type, and when we got our retail shipment they had pretty much been resolved, and funky ones weren't prevalent. If I were a disc performance "tester" I'd bring my findings to the manufacturer immediately and try to understand it before running to the forums to stir up needless speculation.
There is nothing wrong with speculation, it is a good thing. Even if a ton of "negative speculation" is garnered before the release, as long as these speculations don't come true it doesn't hurt anyone or anything. If anything this speculation is helping portray the MVP fanboy customer base's feelings about disc uniformity, and after all we are their best customers so they should know how we feel. If the speculation does come true then maybe a few folks will be thankful they didn't pre-order a disc that will just upset them and turn them off to MVP.

I feel like you are asking these testers to only tell us the good and when there is bad they need to hide it from us and only tell MVP... what gives?

Last edited by Tmart; 11-27-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmart View Post
There is nothing wrong with speculation, it is a good thing. Even if a ton of "negative speculation" is garnered before the release, as long as these speculations don't come true it doesn't hurt anyone or anything. If anything this speculation is helping portray the MVP fanboy customer base's feelings about disc uniformity, and after all we are their best customers so they should know how we feel. If the speculation does come true then maybe a few folks will be thankful they didn't pre-order a disc that will just upset them and turn them off to MVP.

I feel like you are asking these testers to only tell us the good and when there is bad they need to hide it from us and only tell MVP... what gives?
I don't think that's what he is saying (although I can't speak for Zam). More it seems like, hey, if there are these vast differences, show us on here, but also let us know you've been in touch with MVP about it to see if they can offer any insight. That's how I see it, anyway.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
The prodigal son returns...some of us thought you might be dead! Where ya been?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

I'm busy with school right now. Dec. 15th is my break... then it will be time to domo!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 60
I asked MVP which of my Amps best represented what they wanted the disc to do. I'll keep an eye on my inbox.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I asked MVP which of my Amps best represented what they wanted the disc to do. I'll keep an eye on my inbox.
Thanks Mike. I think this is the kind of stuff people want to hear - both sides of the equation. If you are sent discs to test and get some odd results, people want to know about it, but also want to know what the endgame is.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
Have any testers spoken with MVP before posting their findings about their Amps?
That's not usually the deal as MVP has always had a very good idea of how the discs they were sending us were going to fly before they sent them out. Maybe this release is different...I have contacted them and am awaiting a reply. They are probably busy with their disc making...

Anytime you are trying to make a neutral to understable disc it is tough because it only takes a little parting line movement in either direction to take the turn out of the flight or make the disc "too flippy". The Axis release was a lot like this because it too is a neutral to slightly understable disc. My two testers were stable and slightly understable and other early FRs were overstable. Over time the Axis has become more consistent as a neutral disc.

Some truths...
People love to speculate wildly about MVP
Some people love MVP and other people love to troll those people
MVP has high standards for their products and they are not satisfied with good enough
Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 35
I want Mike C's red one.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
That's not usually the deal as MVP has always had a very good idea of how the discs they were sending us were going to fly before they sent them out. Maybe this release is different...I have contacted them and am awaiting a reply. They are probably busy with their disc making...

Anytime you are trying to make a neutral to understable disc it is tough because it only takes a little parting line movement in either direction to take the turn out of the flight or make the disc "too flippy". The Axis release was a lot like this because it too is a neutral to slightly understable disc. My two testers were stable and slightly understable and other early FRs were overstable. Over time the Axis has become more consistent as a neutral disc.

Some truths...
People love to speculate wildly about MVP
Some people love MVP and other people love to troll those people
MVP has high standards for their products and they are not satisfied with good enough
And this last statement, for better or worse, leaves them with a larger target on their back when it comes to pre-release impressions. The people who love MVP will shrug it off, and the people who like to troll the MVP-lovers will jump on it as evidence that MVP is just like every other company.