Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Zam, have YOU thrown the damn thing yet? You represent the demographic of those drooling for the Amp more than ZJ and the rest of us.
Probably true for the most part, but I've been drooling over this thing at the though of rollers! Come on weekend!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
where are you at on the turn ratings
White: 9/4/0/3
Red: 9/5/-4/1

Guessing the production Amp will be around 9/5/-3/2
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I thought you said that he had better samples and was lucky?

ZJ is OF COURSE a valuable non-partisan member of the testing team...BTW Zam, have YOU thrown the damn thing yet? You represent the demographic of those drooling for the Amp more than ZJ and the rest of us.
Haha I haven't seen daylight in weeks! And that's kind of not much of a stretch... insanely busy between DN, MVP's stuff, and a secret thing.

I do wanna get out there and try them, even though I have a pretty solid idea of what they'll do from talking to The Arm. Because we do so much of this for our jobs, we have a different frame of mind for promotion/info and we also speak our own shorthand about ratings across skill levels.

I suppose a good Leopard would have some input on the understable driver
Old 11-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 12
For the testers...how much do you think the gyro will effect/enhance/aid the purposed flight of the amp?
I know in comparison to my buzzz/wasp/challenger, that on fh approaches I have to aim right of the basket to allow the mvp counterparts turn left then track/glide back to the basket.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

I was just able to view Mike's complete video. That red Amp looks like the perfect replacement for my TM2 Vision.

We'll have to wait and see how stable the regular production ones are.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty_Ty View Post
For the testers...how much do you think the gyro will effect/enhance/aid the purposed flight of the amp?
I know in comparison to my buzzz/wasp/challenger, that on fh approaches I have to aim right of the basket to allow the mvp counterparts turn left then track/glide back to the basket.
It's really hard to throw a new disc and differentiate what characteristic is responsible for what part of the flight. Obviously the parting line height is dictating stability, so I'm assuming the gyro just helps the disc penetrate forward as it's turning and fading.

It sounds like you are getting a little OAT on your FH approaches. The Ion/Vector/Axis are particularly OAT sensitive which makes them behave less stable without a really clean release.

So far the MVP drivers (and the Anode) do not seem to share the OAT sensitivity of the other molds.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
It's really hard to throw a new disc and differentiate what characteristic is responsible for what part of the flight. Obviously the parting line height is dictating stability, so I'm assuming the gyro just helps the disc penetrate forward as it's turning and fading.

It sounds like you are getting a little OAT on your FH approaches. The Ion/Vector/Axis are particularly OAT sensitive which makes them behave less stable without a really clean release.

So far the MVP drivers (and the Anode) do not seem to share the OAT sensitivity of the other molds.
True..and if it does keep it going forward on an understable turn it should allow for longer anhyzers instead of turn and burn like a sensitive avenger ss.

I throw my approaches a lil diffrent. Just a touch of hyzer to keep them from gliding to far from the basket. I do agree oat shows up more on MVPs. Can't wait to try their drivers....haven't seen positive temps in weeks currently its -25
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

I'm right where Mike is on the Red, but the White is more 9/4-5/-1/2.5 for me it seems.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 PM
* Ace Member *

I took my Amps to the course today...it was breezy enough that my red was difficult to gauge the amount of flip off the tee. My white one totally shined though. My white sounds like it is the least stable of the 3 whites sent to the testers (and closest to the intended stability I believe). It is a really nice disc. The little bit of stability and it's slightly flatter profile made it useable in some decent wind. The white was great for the classic plantation pines tunnel hole (seems like there is one of these on every third course in the nation) as there was a bit of a left to right crosswind. I did hit basket from about 150' out with my red on a FH. Overall I'm liking the Amp FH more than I thought I would...It comes off my hand clean like the Volt so it's got some stability for me.

My white Amp is also my longest MVP disc now in calm or tailwind conditons...The Volt is a touch faster, but the Amp glides more.

I'm still holding to my original sentiment that the Amp is like a driver version of the Fuse(more GL than Opto). It likes to fly in a very straight manner from a hyzer release yet at the same time it doesn't quite lock onto a line...Rather it just drifts understable so slowly and then back that it stays pretty straight.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
My white Amp is the closest thing to a speed 9 TB I've thrown. Gonna try to order a few more to hold me over until they release a more os driver mold.