Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 AM
* Ace Member *

got to fondle these today at the shop but would not have been able to buy until tomorrow. Some retailers listen!!

Very interesting when placed next to the volt. I cannot wait to get out to throw these. Hopefully my preorders will be here next week and i can be throwing a amp stamped amp!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 01:14 AM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

"113 available in 8 colors"
Old 12-07-2012, 01:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Whether the exact release dates are respected or not, MVP's coffers will be filled, and players will be happy to get the Amp in their grubby little hands.
MVP will definitely fill its coffers, but if release dates are not honored, players may suffer in the long run. Let's say MVP decides to not ship its orders early to Disc Golf Center due to them selling before the release date. That means, for future hot releases, customers loyal to DGC will have to wait longer for the discs, or go to another retailer. So, regardless of how a retailer feels about the release agreements, players may be the ones to feel it more.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 AM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Well, it's something to move toward in the future. I was impressed not to see it all over the place today. Could always be a miscommunication, for the benefit of the doubt.

Next release -- smoke, lasers, and intro music!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
MVP will definitely fill its coffers, but if release dates are not honored, players may suffer in the long run. Let's say MVP decides to not ship its orders early to Disc Golf Center due to them selling before the release date. That means, for future hot releases, customers loyal to DGC will have to wait longer for the discs, or go to another retailer. So, regardless of how a retailer feels about the release agreements, players may be the ones to feel it more.
There are a few assumptions in this post that we may never know are accurate or not. Only MVP knows if they will change any part of their next release.

All I can say for a fact is that I have 2 Amps ordered and I'm pretty stoked about it.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
There are a few assumptions in this post that we may never know are accurate or not. Only MVP knows if they will change any part of their next release.

All I can say for a fact is that I have 2 Amps ordered and I'm pretty stoked about it.
For the record, I was proposing a hypothetical, not assuming anything. I don't claim to know anything about the inner workings of MVP's dealer agreements, nor do they really concern me. I don't stay loyal to one retailer over another - I generally buy from who has what I want at the time I want it - so it doesn't really affect me. All I am saying is that if MVP were to change their agreement with DGC, their customers would suffer.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:45 AM
* Ace Member *

I know. Sorry if I misunderstood you.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I know. Sorry if I misunderstood you.
It's all good.

And, having tossed the Amp, I think you'll like it as a complement to the Volt. They both work pretty differently, but fill valuable spots in the bag, especially if you want to go all-MVP.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:54 AM
* Ace Member *

I already have an all MVP bag. There's a perfect spot for an understable driver just waiting to be filled by the Amp.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I understand your willingness to fight for MVP Zam. You have a bottom line to look out for also, and try as you may to remain unbiased in this fight...it's not possible, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Whether the exact release dates are respected or not, MVP's coffers will be filled, and players will be happy to get the Amp in their grubby little hands.
I don't think there is a fight here, it's a pretty clear cut issue. A dealer either honors the manufacturer's specified release procedure or they don't. If they don't it's either a little douchebagery, or blindly following familiar procedures(aka not reading, or not considering the meaning of the words you read). Zam seems talented enough to be making more money doing something that is not nearly as hard to make a living at(as in carving your own niche in a niche sport and excepting a sliver of a very small pie), but something tells me he cares about disc golf in a broader sense than most.