Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

people that dont like various mvp discs aren't snapping their wrists hard enough.

i love people that talk inconsistant discs as if they are robots who throw the same each time.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
people that dont like various mvp discs aren't snapping their wrists hard enough.
This is a huge factor in MVP discs compared to others, which I wrote about in my Amp review for Rattling Chains. I am not a snap monkey, so I was not clicking with the Amp like I want to. I know for bigger arms it will fly understable, though.

I also tend to be of the nature to blame myself, not the disc. But I guess being honest with yourself if hard sometimes.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Snapping your wrist? throwing properly has little to do with snapping the wrist.

but...

back to the mvp amp...
Old 12-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 62
Reviews seem to be all over the place on these so I'm gonna come in without a certain expectation, but how do they roll? I'd imagine more weight along the outer edge would make for a pretty gnarly roller disc.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 14
Got to test out my Amps today: 168 White and 175 Lime.

These things are flippy. Crazy flippy. I'm getting some turn out of my Volts (throw about 350-60), but the Amps are a whole 'nuther story. The white one, despite being lighter, held the gentler turn and faded harder out of the turn. I could flip it up to flat and it'd fly dead straight.

The lime I had some bad throws with, so I'm not ready to write it off yet. I did park two holes back to back with it, on some rather tricky lines I've never hit before. So that's a point for it. Once they get on their turning line, though, there's not a whole lot that will bring them back out of it. I'm really, really glad to see this kind of flippy from MVP.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
In reading various reviews and taking my own experience into account, it seems like the Amp is turning a lot more for people in the 350+ range as opposed to lower-powered players like me. I am totally fine with this - there are just some discs that I shouldn't be throwing at this point - but 350 has come up as the number from a couple people, and I find that interesting.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
In reading various reviews and taking my own experience into account, it seems like the Amp is turning a lot more for people in the 350+ range as opposed to lower-powered players like me. I am totally fine with this - there are just some discs that I shouldn't be throwing at this point - but 350 has come up as the number from a couple people, and I find that interesting.
Yeah, discspeed, mike c, and zj all seem to be able to throw them fine. I'd like to see some videos of people throwing them. I broke down and have one coming, should be able to throw it Sunday...ordered a yellow 172...haven't seen anything about the yellow ones yet really.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 32
I've got 5 coming my way thanks to All Things Disc Golf and MVP! I'll try to get some video of me and a couple others at different power levels throwing them. I am extremely interested in how they roll, even though that is a shot I don't do on the courses around here, I am getting a roller dialed in for other courses when I see opportunity.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
Reviews seem to be all over the place on these so I'm gonna come in without a certain expectation, but how do they roll? I'd imagine more weight along the outer edge would make for a pretty gnarly roller disc.
Love me some rollers with this disc. So easy to turn over and get a nice 'S' out of it. Also very easy to get it vertical before it hits for those sharp right rollers.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:51 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
I only bought one Volt, but unfortunately it turned out to be one of the flippy Volts, so it already flies like an Amp, but I'm still curious to try one of these at some point. I really wish they had made their drivers a little deeper rimmed. That's the main reason why I just can't see my Volt being my turnover fairway. Amps somehow feel deeper I've heard. Anyone also feel this way?