Disc Golf Store
Old 12-19-2012, 04:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultx1215 View Post
I haven't gotten to throw mine yet at all....and I've had them since they were released. My power is 300ish on a great day anymore. I think I'd be happy if they flew as you described....kind of a straighter Volt with half the fade. Is that about right?
Yep, that's a pretty solid assessment right there.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
How far do you normally throw? I have been seeing 350 ft. as the magic number where a lot of people say they get the turn out of it. For me, at 300-320, it was flying like you reported.

Maybe that is normal then. I throw about 280-300 on a good throw. I can make a Volt turn significantly, although it always fights back and fades eventually. I was expecting the Amp to be less stable.

Maybe if just hit a few more trees in the right way, my Amp will get the right beat in
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 AM

My second 168g amp i picked up after my 1st run one turned out stable. The new regular production amp is solidly understable and I only throw about 315 on my best of the best throws. Its almost like a brand new gold line river so far, maybe it will beat in the same and get to super flippy, but so far it has been a nice smooth turn and then a light fade back, and hyzerflips beautifully with just a little hyzer. I do not believe that this disc needs 350ft of power. If you can crank some turn out of a river you should be able to get the amp to turn.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

I need to get one of these sweet beasts.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 AM
* Ace Member *

By all accounts the white Amps are a little to a lot more stable than the others.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Got my Amps in yesterday. Whole spectrum of colors and weights (thanks to All Things Disc Golf and MVP). I didn't think it was very windy until I got out to the course. Way too much wind for me to tell how it is going to fly for me. I wasn't throwing anything very well. Oh, and today it is only blowing around 45mph (is that an earthquake? No, just the house's foundation being blown around)...Going to another course tomorrow, and hopefully it is calm there, though it rarely is since it is right off the Arkansas river.

Last edited by jongoff09; 12-20-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 55
Got to say thanks to the folks at MVP for the Amp!

Tried the Volt but just couldnt get it to click for me, figured I would give the Amp a shot as I love my MVP putters. I was hooked after the first throw, my Blue Amp is nice and flat and flew nice and straight, even in some stiff winds. Very easy to control and feels good in the hand. It definitely made the bag, even bought 2 more for back ups.

Hats off MVP on this one!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
By all accounts the white Amps are a little to a lot more stable than the others.
My white one flies almost identical to my green.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Got some throws in with my Amps yesterday and today. Initial impression: Wow they are understable. Not quite as much as my beat up Valk that I carry for rollers, but still almost too understable to be useful for me. I have a beat up teebird that I use for uphill holes, but the Amp turned quite a bit for me even on those holes. I'll carry one for a while and throw it on some crazy lines to see if it will show me something I couldn't do with any other disc, but I can't imagine what that would be.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
There was a guy who was selling a both of white and orange blanks. Anyone have the link to that thread by chance?