#661  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Rogue9 Rogue9 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 368
So I got an Amp for Christmas. Threw it today. With no wind +/- 300 ft it flew like a longer Axis for me. It was pretty neutral. Any line I put it on, it pretty much stayed on. I was able to throw it down some tunnel like fairways that I normally throw the axis on. I throw the axis because I can keep it in the fairway, even though it comes up short. The Amp made it all the way through for a bird, which very rarely happens for me on that hole.

This is looking like it's going to be my favorite driver. Awesome disc so far. Its a 175 yellow.
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 12-28-2012, 07:24 AM
MrFixIt's Avatar
MrFixIt MrFixIt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JAWJUH
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,627
After a few initial field tests, the Amp flew very well.
I was suprised as it slowly began to turn over, flattened out, then glided forever. I also liked the slight fade at the end.
Not sure how well it will do on a tight wooded course, but I can see the potential for an open long hole.
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Mr. America's Avatar
Mr. America Mr. America is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,086
Should be a good driver for tight wooded courses. I'll find out eventually.
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Rogue9 Rogue9 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 368
For my 300 ft of arm it's money in the woods. The only movement I got from it was a flip to flat when I released with hyper. It locked to flat and became a later beam. For me it's not understable but stable neutral like the axis is for me as well.
Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM
throwfromthewoods's Avatar
throwfromthewoods throwfromthewoods is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
For my 300 ft of arm it's money in the woods. The only movement I got from it was a flip to flat when I released with hyper. It locked to flat and became a later beam. For me it's not understable but stable neutral like the axis is for me as well.
Someone's phone auto-correct is earning its keep.
Reply With Quote
  #666  
Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Rogue9 Rogue9 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 368
Lol. Yup. Think I need to buy swift key. It was smarter than this keyboard.
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 12-28-2012, 01:42 PM
JonathanXz's Avatar
JonathanXz JonathanXz is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Tonawanda New York
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
Lol. Yup. Think I need to buy swift key. It was smarter than this keyboard.
Just switched to android, swift key is great.

Does anyone throw Rivers that has tried this? I picked up a River during the Black Friday sale, and and I have a couple of Amps from the DN preorder. I haven't been able to throw either since the weather got terrible.

I'm just curious how they compare, if at all.
Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 12-28-2012, 01:48 PM
beeftrout beeftrout is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 235
I've thrown quite a few variations of rivers and my one 170 white amp. No comparison at all at 320'+. Amp is super flippy like an esp avenger ss, while the river has more glide and holds the turn without rolling better. A beat test material river and my amp might be similar, but in general river has more stability in my experience.
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM
plex plex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeftrout View Post
I've thrown quite a few variations of rivers and my one 170 white amp. No comparison at all at 320'+. Amp is super flippy like an esp avenger ss, while the river has more glide and holds the turn without rolling better. A beat test material river and my amp might be similar, but in general river has more stability in my experience.
I would say the exact opposite.. i had about 6 Amps of varying weight and color, they all fly more stable than my GL rivers. I can throw the amp on an anny line and it comes out of it with a little fade at the end. And i also find it hard to turn my Amps much without a lot of speed. However, i flattened one of my Amps with boiling water and now it flies a nice long anny and doesnt fight out of it into a fade so much like the rest.. more like a river.

I think my flat amp is more of what i thought the river would be. But nothing beats my rivers ability to get those HUGE long turns, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote
 

  #670  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
I would say the exact opposite.. i had about 6 Amps of varying weight and color, they all fly more stable than my GL rivers. I can throw the amp on an anny line and it comes out of it with a little fade at the end. And i also find it hard to turn my Amps much without a lot of speed. However, i flattened one of my Amps with boiling water and now it flies a nice long anny and doesnt fight out of it into a fade so much like the rest.. more like a river.

I think my flat amp is more of what i thought the river would be. But nothing beats my rivers ability to get those HUGE long turns, that's for sure.
Seconded. River is less stable than the Amp.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.