Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Birdie Member

So I got an Amp for Christmas. Threw it today. With no wind +/- 300 ft it flew like a longer Axis for me. It was pretty neutral. Any line I put it on, it pretty much stayed on. I was able to throw it down some tunnel like fairways that I normally throw the axis on. I throw the axis because I can keep it in the fairway, even though it comes up short. The Amp made it all the way through for a bird, which very rarely happens for me on that hole.

This is looking like it's going to be my favorite driver. Awesome disc so far. Its a 175 yellow.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
After a few initial field tests, the Amp flew very well.
I was suprised as it slowly began to turn over, flattened out, then glided forever. I also liked the slight fade at the end.
Not sure how well it will do on a tight wooded course, but I can see the potential for an open long hole.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 18
Should be a good driver for tight wooded courses. I'll find out eventually.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Birdie Member

For my 300 ft of arm it's money in the woods. The only movement I got from it was a flip to flat when I released with hyper. It locked to flat and became a later beam. For me it's not understable but stable neutral like the axis is for me as well.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
For my 300 ft of arm it's money in the woods. The only movement I got from it was a flip to flat when I released with hyper. It locked to flat and became a later beam. For me it's not understable but stable neutral like the axis is for me as well.
Someone's phone auto-correct is earning its keep.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Birdie Member

Lol. Yup. Think I need to buy swift key. It was smarter than this keyboard.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
Lol. Yup. Think I need to buy swift key. It was smarter than this keyboard.
Just switched to android, swift key is great.

Does anyone throw Rivers that has tried this? I picked up a River during the Black Friday sale, and and I have a couple of Amps from the DN preorder. I haven't been able to throw either since the weather got terrible.

I'm just curious how they compare, if at all.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
I've thrown quite a few variations of rivers and my one 170 white amp. No comparison at all at 320'+. Amp is super flippy like an esp avenger ss, while the river has more glide and holds the turn without rolling better. A beat test material river and my amp might be similar, but in general river has more stability in my experience.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeftrout View Post
I've thrown quite a few variations of rivers and my one 170 white amp. No comparison at all at 320'+. Amp is super flippy like an esp avenger ss, while the river has more glide and holds the turn without rolling better. A beat test material river and my amp might be similar, but in general river has more stability in my experience.
I would say the exact opposite.. i had about 6 Amps of varying weight and color, they all fly more stable than my GL rivers. I can throw the amp on an anny line and it comes out of it with a little fade at the end. And i also find it hard to turn my Amps much without a lot of speed. However, i flattened one of my Amps with boiling water and now it flies a nice long anny and doesnt fight out of it into a fade so much like the rest.. more like a river.

I think my flat amp is more of what i thought the river would be. But nothing beats my rivers ability to get those HUGE long turns, that's for sure.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
I would say the exact opposite.. i had about 6 Amps of varying weight and color, they all fly more stable than my GL rivers. I can throw the amp on an anny line and it comes out of it with a little fade at the end. And i also find it hard to turn my Amps much without a lot of speed. However, i flattened one of my Amps with boiling water and now it flies a nice long anny and doesnt fight out of it into a fade so much like the rest.. more like a river.

I think my flat amp is more of what i thought the river would be. But nothing beats my rivers ability to get those HUGE long turns, that's for sure.
Seconded. River is less stable than the Amp.