Old 05-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
So,
I am looking for a good anhyzer disc that I can really lean into and have it turn and hold the anny line. I have tried (with little success):
1. River
2. Leopard
3. Avenger SS

I have the Stratus in my bag which I love for mid range annys but anything longer I normally send it into a roller. I want something that will be a TB range, smaller diameter rim, and not a European disc. Will the amp be that disc? Or is it too flippy for someone to really crank on it on a anhyzer line?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
@ tkaiser - Please don't take this the wrong way, but the 3 discs that you listed are hyzer flip machines.
What weights and plastic in those?

*Edit*
You might want to try the Tangent or an Axis for anny discs.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:28 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 104
not too flippy at all-- given enough height my amp will even fade back. It is probably even more LSS than a river, leo or avenger SS and closer to a seasoned avenger. It is a long fairway disc but will not cut roll easy and mine needs to be put on that line not flipped into a roller like a vision, XL, leo's etc.

Get one but make sure it is a newer run not FR. I throw 350'+ anhyzers with the amp and never had It cut roll from a flat release.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
@ tkaiser - Please don't take this the wrong way, but the 3 discs that you listed are hyzer flip machines.
What weights and plastic in those?

*Edit*
You might want to try the Tangent or an Axis for anny discs.
I really want a longer range disc something in the 7-9 speed range. Really the River was nice but I don't like the easy release stuff on the rims. I want non slanted rims!

The Rivers I have tried Opto (169, 175) and VIP (177, 172).
The Leopards I have tried Dx (150), CE (175), Champion (175)
The Avengers SS I have tried ESP FLX (170, 174)
Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
not too flippy at all-- given enough height my amp will even fade back. It is probably even more LSS than a river, leo or avenger SS and closer to a seasoned avenger. It is a long fairway disc but will not cut roll easy and mine needs to be put on that line not flipped into a roller like a vision, XL, leo's etc.

Get one but make sure it is a newer run not FR. I throw 350'+ anhyzers with the amp and never had It cut roll from a flat release.
Okay. I have read that some say the heavier weights are more true to their anhyzer flight. Is that what you have found. My local store has new run Amps 174 and 175 in Yellow.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:37 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaiser View Post
Okay. I have read that some say the heavier weights are more true to their anhyzer flight. Is that what you have found. My local store has new run Amps 174 and 175 in Yellow.
I believe mine is a yellow 174? No experience with different weights but with my volts I find zero difference from my light black 169 to heavier 175 pink or ones in the middle.

Only issues with AMP's I recall were the FR's (like any disc) and those tended to be flippy to OS. The new run has a lot of HSS turn but is not flippy.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 53
Was there any noticeable changes between the first run and the tweaks?
Old 05-02-2013, 12:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Only issues with AMP's I recall were the FR's (like any disc) and those tended to be flippy to OS. The new run has a lot of HSS turn but is not flippy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingHP View Post
Was there any noticeable changes between the first run and the tweaks?
Aim answered your question ^^
Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 PM
FROLF OFF!

Yep^ thanks Mr.FixIt just consistency-- across the board for MVP products. Have yet to get a back-up or replacement disc which is not basically identical to its counterpart.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaiser View Post
I use those yellow 174-175(not early run) because out of all the ones I've tried they are a happy medium...My FR Stormtrooper was of course more stable, and another red one I have turns so fast that I have to consciously go easy on the release. The yellows are $$ and are my most workable fwy drivers...They can stay on a hyzer if you exaggerate the angle a bit, flip flat and fly lazer straight, do a shallow anny that fades forward from slight hyzer, or hold a long sweeping turn from a flat throw. Great discs. I like how the Amp is a little slower than the Volt as it powers down and works better as a more conventional fwy driver.