Old 12-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Eagle Member

Where are you guys finding these stable amps? I threw a buddy's amp and that thing was like a light star leopard. I wouldn't have considered it a speed 9 or stable. I was able to release on a steep hyzer angle, rip it way up in the air, and let it flip and ride an anny line to the ground. I also tried throwing it flat at about 20' high to get it to stable out and not turn as much, and the thing flipped to a roller and rolled out to near 375'. I'm thinking that I may need to give another one of these a shot, maybe I threw a wierd one....
Old 12-13-2013, 12:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
^^The FR Amps are much more stable than that. I've thrown my FR 300ft, and it hardly turns at all. I've gotta get me a new Amp so I can see how flippy they are.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:13 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
i got mine on dgc and they are the good ones.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
Where are you guys finding these stable amps? I threw a buddy's amp and that thing was like a light star leopard. I wouldn't have considered it a speed 9 or stable. I was able to release on a steep hyzer angle, rip it way up in the air, and let it flip and ride an anny line to the ground. I also tried throwing it flat at about 20' high to get it to stable out and not turn as much, and the thing flipped to a roller and rolled out to near 375'. I'm thinking that I may need to give another one of these a shot, maybe I threw a wierd one....
I found mine via preorder from community discs. I drank the first run kool aid.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
^^ What is a "good one?" Flippy? I personally love mine, but would also like a flippier one to accompany it.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Par Member

How do I know if I'm buying a flippy one(which I want) just to be clear
Old 12-13-2013, 06:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanbearguy View Post
How do I know if I'm buying a flippy one(which I want) just to be clear
Good question.
I have taken the Amp out of my bag in favor of a GL Fury, and, are any Amps available in the 166g range (The lightest I had was 170ish)/?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:13 AM
* Ace Member *

I've never thrown an Amp that was even in the same ballpark as a Ch TB. Also, even my FR white Amp which was one of the more HSS run broke in quickly to develop a characteristic turn pretty much however I throw it. So I don't know what to think about that. The best advice I can give to avoid an unusually HSS Amp would be to go with a primary color instead of black/white/pastel (which is really color + white pellet).

My favorite driver right now is one of my original tester Amps (red 173). I've purposefully tried to beat it in and now it's a thing of beauty that I can finesse turns with. It still doesn't have the glide of a Valk, but for shaping lines across conditions and ranging it is the best US control driver I've ever possessed.

FWIW I opined to the MVP bros that I thought the P Amps should be made no more and maybe a little less stable than the Ns. That would make it easy to know you are buying a turny one.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 30
as some have said, white seems to be commonly more on the +side of stable. they are flat right out the box. the other 4 amps i have, have some dome to them, and flip like they should. the white one is like, shock/resistor flat, and is just a super slow motion turner for me.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Noodle Arm

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 811rv View Post
White one is most stable Amp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopa View Post
Got one about a month ago from disc golf center. It is as stable as a fresh champ teebird. I was expecting at least Valkyrie type stability. Good disc just not what I was hoping for.
This is what happened to me. I have a white one that is a lot more stable than what I was expecting.