Old 12-15-2013, 11:08 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
apparently you haven't felt enough plastic.

Nothing about MVP discs say grip. I love the plastic but wish it tackier. Soft proton is much more gummy IMO like a FR ion was vs before the softs were stamped soft so that tells you there can be a level of "grip" different from others even with similar looking discs.

Grippy discs are not impacted by conditions, your hands, or personal thoughts.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:19 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
I have more different types of plastic within an arms reach as i type this right now than i would like to admit. Im not saying MVP has the best grip, but it certainly isn't bad compared to whats out there.

And your totally wrong about grip being impacted by "conditions, your hands, or personal thoughts."

Climate, weather and temperature conditions have a HUGE impact on how a plastic can feel and that changes depending on the plastic and some plastics are better in different conditions than others.. for example MVP grip sucks when wet and cold.. but i still manage to get by with it in these conditions as long as i have a towel.
Also, If someone has callused, hard, dry hands compared to someone like me (computer software engineer) with soft clammy skin, they will have a different personal thought on how that plastic feels for them. Not to mention some people have a personal preference for different feels and softness or gummy feel.

Again, not saying MVP is the best plastic because its definitely not.. but its not bad at all when you compare it to everything else out there.

Last edited by in4d; 12-15-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:22 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
apparently you haven't felt enough plastic.

Nothing about MVP discs say grip. I love the plastic but wish it tackier. Soft proton is much more gummy IMO like a FR ion was vs before the softs were stamped soft so that tells you there can be a level of "grip" different from others even with similar looking discs.

Grippy discs are not impacted by conditions, your hands, or personal thoughts.
Well I need moisture for grip. Dryness sucks. For me mvp is better than all innova plastics, and I do t throw prodigy nor do I care to.

Grippy discs are not impacted by conditions? What? Can you elaborate on how the pores of the plastic stay static. If grip is not impacted I would say durability is not impacted.

It feels good to the thrower who gives a rip?
I love the neutron soft plastic much better than proton soft, but it's all good.

I would say that your grip of your hands is not impacted by conditions, thoughts or butterfly's in china.

Chalk up and throw.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:30 AM
FROLF OFF!

Well it would seem to me that a disc with good grip properties-- will grip well in all conditions and situations.

You would have to be sensory deprived to think a disc like soft vibram putter isn't grippy anytime/place vs a neutron ion.

That's all.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:30 AM

Interesting, i just grabbed a fresh neutron resistor and tried to slide my finger across it. I am having trouble getting any sound from this one.. which means that different runs of neutron can be grippier than others =/

the first run neutron shock is easier to get the grip test sound than the first run neutron resistor
Old 12-15-2013, 11:35 AM
FROLF OFF!

I have a FR shock that has turned rubbery from being outside over the spring which I LOVE but its extremely unique to any of my other neutrons even beat volt which looks worse than the shock but much more firm.

All I am trying to say is that its misleading here to put MVP and grip in the same sentence. Even soft neutron ions are not really grippy they are just very pliable which allows for easier pressure into the flight plate and a more firm grip on the disc but don't really think its any tackier at all just SOFTER.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:41 AM

I'm sitting here with 6 different types of plastic and they are all grippy, including the MVP.. sure, they all feel a little different but they all have grip and i can feel similar amounts of resistance when i try to pull them out of my grip. Your the only one whos misleading by saying MVP plastic is not grippy, wtf? Maybe your just trolling, but your way off base here.

Too much grip or gummy feeling can be bad when you want a smooth clean release anyways.

Last edited by in4d; 12-15-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:47 AM
FROLF OFF!

lol. Remember your bike handle bars? They weren't covered in neutron or proton plastic. And those Ski-gloves? or a Race car tire? an engineered running track? Basketball/football surfaces? Anything with "grip" does not have the same physical properties as these polymers do.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:51 AM
FROLF OFF!

and why do so many people want a base-line plastic if (and I quote verbatim) "the grip is GREAT."

Old 12-15-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
lol. Remember your bike handle bars? They weren't covered in neutron or proton plastic. And those Ski-gloves? or a Race car tire? an engineered running track? Basketball/football surfaces? Anything with "grip" does not have the same physical properties as these polymers do.
Dude, thats all rubber though, i don't know any discs that have good durability with grip as good as rubber.

And honestly i think rubber discs would be a bad idea, the disc wouldn't smoothly slip or snap off your fingers, you would likely get grip lock issues and its probably why they don't make rubber discs.

even base plastics (that i know of) arent as grippy as rubber lol.

Last edited by in4d; 12-15-2013 at 11:56 AM.