Old 12-28-2013, 04:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
I just got an amp and it's actually a very nice disc. I hate mvp mids, but this fairway is very much like a teebird, maybe a bit more overstable at the end.
It seems like it would do well in a headwind and/or downhill shot, thoughts?
I haven't had time to do this yet but am excited to try. I'm thinking it will either S curve or go really straight.
Sounds like a FR Amp. They were more stable than the current runs. Have you actually thrown it yet?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 39
amps are nothing like teebirds...
Old 12-28-2013, 04:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
FR's are more like Teebirds for a noodle arm. But even they aren't as stable as the 'Birds.

Maybe he means it feels like a Teebird? ???
Old 12-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 39
I think this is where new players get really confused... You should always write how far the disc if flying for you when describing its behavior.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Has anyone successfully purchased one of the correctly understable Amps from an online retailer recently? If so, which one?

I went into my local shop to buy a backup for my Amp, and the PLH on both I compared were higher than my Amp. Mine is nice and understable - flips to flat with ease - and I would like one to back it up. Just don't want to buy one and get stuck with a wonky one. If anyone can let me know where they bought their flippy Amp I would greatly appreciate it! Looking for one around 170 grams.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 18
I would love to try a flippy one as well. The 172 red one I have I love. It's my favorite disc in my bag but it's not really understable. It'll go dead straight as far as I can throw it which is about 330 max.

I've been looking for a good disc to hyzer flip. Right now I'm using an Avenger SS but it's a little unpredictable.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 24
I got some new orange Amps (172) direct from MVP recently (obviously one of latest runs I guess) and I checked out at the field and it is not as understable as my seasoned Amps. However it will become nicely understable (for me) with some seasoning. I also got a carolina blue Amp (also 172) from DGC today (I did not have Amp in that color) and it was similar as that new orange ones. I have "field work" bag containing 4 drivers of each (Servo, Resistor, Amp, Volt) so they get some seasoning as I do regular field work each week.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Yes I've thrown the amp.
I'm not a noodle arm, it feels and flies like an 11x teebird.
Not a cal, but a ca.

Definitely turns at the end if cranked, but shorter golf lines are similar to a tb
Old 12-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 24
tu-f-o: I think you have one of more stable Amps. I have some Amps (esp white ones from first runs) that are quite more stable than current Amps I am using.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 811rv View Post
I got some new orange Amps (172) direct from MVP recently (obviously one of latest runs I guess) and I checked out at the field and it is not as understable as my seasoned Amps. However it will become nicely understable (for me) with some seasoning. I also got a carolina blue Amp (also 172) from DGC today (I did not have Amp in that color) and it was similar as that new orange ones. I have "field work" bag containing 4 drivers of each (Servo, Resistor, Amp, Volt) so they get some seasoning as I do regular field work each week.
How do the Amps do when thrown flat? I'm starting to wonder if my Amp is more understable than it was designed to be. Can you compare your Amps to something else in that range?