Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Since this is about finding discs, a LE Officer will never arrest some one for not returning a found disc. So the stealing a pack of gum isn't even a true comparison.
A grocery store employee or a good Samaritan would need to alert a LE Officer to the pack of gum that is being stolen.

Likewise, a park employee or a good Samaritan would need to alert the LE Officer that someone is stealing a disc.

Either way, the LE Officer may ask for proof of purchase/confirmation of ownership. If the name and phone number on the disc do not match the person holding the disc, we are still talking about a theft. Would it really be that difficult to call the number on the disc? If the person's cell phone starts to ring...that would probably be good enough for any LE Officer to confirm proof of ownership.

Don't forget....at the end of the day, all of this may be considered a moot point if people applied the simple, yet important lessons learned in kindergarten.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchoate7 View Post
I've never heard of anyone complaining about that. I mean really think about how you sound. "I never lose a disc I'm just tooo good at finding them, it sucks."
but i just fill up my trunk holding discs while i try to return them. worst part is if i lose a disc i walk around for hours til i find it. so that is what i mean. i guess i don't understand some of my friends that lose two discs a week every week there bag is different....usually they are partying and forget them.

i like place like the grange where you find a disc, call and say it is found discs at the grange!!! that is what i like. and the grange is cool course too

i literally have found one friends wraith three seperate times and returned it too him...he told me it is in a lake now so i probably won't find it a forth time.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Here we go again...

A disc and car are not comparable. I am not saying don't return discs I am saying be reasonable with the discussion of returned discs.
They are when the issue is Right vs. Wrong.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
Me too!

The next time I see a car parked on a street in the same place for more than 3 hours in the rain, I am going to claim it as abandoned. There is no way anyone would think it's OK to leave a car out in the rain like that!
That was my plan. I'm going down to the bar district about 7 a.m. I'll bet that some of those cars, the owners searched for a while, couldn't remember where they parked, and left, thus abandoning them.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.7
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
They are when the issue is Right vs. Wrong.
I have already said people should return discs.

Let's compare it to what it is, like finding a lost disc. It's not gum or a car, it's a disc and nothing else compares to it.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
* Ace Member *

In fairness, I was just addressing part of the Disc Diver's Creed that says that once someone has quit looking for his disc, he has relinquished ownership of it. You can read this often---including earlier in this thread.

I don't deny that an owner or law enforcement may put greater effort into other cases, or that the disc divers are likely to get away with keeping the discs they find.

I just ask about this Abandonment Law that they cite, and whether the same law of ownership applies to other personal property, or if there's a special Abandonment Law that applies only to discs.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
I love how these things spiral out of control and people get all emotional.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 161
If you want your disc, go get it. If you leave it, you left it. That's your responsibility in the matter. For the person who finds it, they choose to do the accepted right thing or they don't. The level of anger and indignation you are entitled to after you leave the course is about the same as when someone is infront of you in the fast lane doing. 55.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
And in the case of uninked discs?

Old 11-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 80
Can we just merge this with this http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=19296