Old 11-25-2012, 05:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
I have littered and I do feel very bad about it. I should've said I don't intentionally litter.

I don't feel entitled to the disc if another person does find it. He or she certainly deserves it.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
I guess I litter (again, using your logic) because I have lost a disc in a marshy area, and spent almost 4 man hours looking. with no result.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
In B4 the lock.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
I have littered and I do feel very bad about it. I should've said I don't intentionally litter.

I don't feel entitled to the disc if another person does find it. He or she certainly deserves it.
Ok, so if it's not intentional, is it still defined as littering, and not "lost" "missplaced" "temporarily unable to be located" but not still owned by the person who threw it? If you drop your wallet, and walk away, I get to keep it, because you littered?? Even if your ID is inside??
Old 11-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson
do golfers go after their balls they hit into water hazards? i think happy gilmore did.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:46 PM

finding of losts discs

Heres the way i see it..... we have a couple of spots on our course that the bottom of the lake is a good 50ft now there are people who get scuba gear an spend there money on AIR to get discs, i believe that they should still call, but if the person isn't willing to give them say 5 bux for a disc they never thought they would see again then he should be able to keep it to pay for his oxygen also we have a nasty corner on our course that has broken bottles needles a cesspool of nasty stuff, and everyone who throws in there is fine with not getting it back, because im yet to meet a person who will go in it... so there is my 2 sense.

P.S. oh an by law once you leave your disc for over 24 hours it is considered abandonment and the cops will side with the diver every time doesn't mean its right or wrong there is a fine line
Old 11-25-2012, 05:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
If I throw my wallet in a pond and walk away, I did litter. Even if my ID is inside.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
If I throw my wallet in a pond and walk away, I did litter. Even if my ID is inside.
Yes, but a disc is a piece of sports equipment required for use of a designed course for that intent. The pond is not there for your wallet disposal. A disc thrown into a pond, in most cases, is not intentional, therefore why do you insist that they lose ownership of said disc as well as be accused of littering??
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzerbomber View Post
Heres the way i see it..... we have a couple of spots on our course that the bottom of the lake is a good 50ft now there are people who get scuba gear an spend there money on AIR to get discs, i believe that they should still call, but if the person isn't willing to give them say 5 bux for a disc they never thought they would see again then he should be able to keep it to pay for his oxygen also we have a nasty corner on our course that has broken bottles needles a cesspool of nasty stuff, and everyone who throws in there is fine with not getting it back, because im yet to meet a person who will go in it... so there is my 2 sense.

P.S. oh an by law once you leave your disc for over 24 hours it is considered abandonment and the cops will side with the diver every time doesn't mean its right or wrong there is a fine line
Welcome to DGCR forums Hyzer! As far as that law goes, which I personally doubt, how can the duration of a lost disc be proved? How does the diver know when the disc was lost? I could have lost it 10 minutes before he arrived.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Par Member

The only reason I am bringing these points up is because in this sport, it is common knowledge and courtesy to return marked plastic. A person who has played for, say, 16.5 years should #1 know this and #2 set a good example for new people joining the sport. In my understanding, it has become uncommon for lost plastic to be returned. There's a reason, guess what it is. I am new, and have made every effort to return every marked disc, no matter where or what it is. I have no idea how long it has been there. Do the right thing and atleast try to return lost plastic, chances are you will be given the disc anyways.