Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbert View Post
My first few throws can be a little messy/lean towards one sport or the other but after I pass a disc around I am fine. I would have to say that ultimate affects my disc golf game more so than the other way around, though I have been playing ultimate for twice as long so that could be why.

After thinking about it a little more I think the introduction of ultimate back into my throwing time has helped with natural feel/flow because of how it forces me to be aware of my whole body. From pivot foot to release point.

I got caught up as seeing my throws as individual movements that pieced together to produce a certain outcome.

The best analogy I can come up with is my disc golf throws were more like equations as opposed to one whole fluid motion.

Edit: But I still can't forehand a disc golf disc to save my life lol. I think I have the low release to high target permanently ingrained into it haha
I think I'd be the same way. If I played any ultimate I feel like i'd get my throwing style mixed up a bit. But I definitely love the throwing in disc golf; just watching a disc soar through the sky to the target is always a pleasure to watch.

Nice analogy!

Haha I'm starting to get rusty with my forehand shots. I use to throw really weak backhands, but I've gotten so much better at backhand drives in the past month that I can out drive past my best forehand shots now haha. I still got to work on perfecting both though.
Sponsored Links