Quote:
Originally Posted by MLTI View Post
You have a link to it?
I'll get one up
Old 11-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 12
ahhh come Team DGCR......give the guy a break.

You ever get up to a tee and stand on the line....you know gauging the wind, the gap or the line you want to fly, the distance, the light. Kick a few rolly polly pebbles off the tee, wipe your disc off, get a great grip, see the release angle, the reach back, the hit, the follow through, the flight.....take a few steps back, take a breath or three....focus down the fly line, start your approach and x step and then stub a toe on the turn.

I hate when that happens.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Well I haven't seen anything that is really general. Also I am new to forums so please excuse my stupidity on this matter.
Good thing you chose to start a new thread instead of looking around a little! We're a very small group obsessed with a niche sport. There isn't a whole lot of information that hasn't already been covered. Welcome to the forum and, please, try to familiarize yourself with the search button before hitting the new thread button. Not trying to be mean.

Oh, and I've heard that diving for discs and keeping whatever you find, whether it has contact info on it or not, isn't stealing in any way shape or form because any disc that is in water is abandonment, regardless of the circumstances.

Also, the Roc is better than the Buzzz, but the Comet is the best of all!

Last edited by tbird888; 11-29-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Is this thread an ace?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM

Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Good thing you chose to start a new thread instead of looking around a little! We're a very small group obsessed with a niche sport. There isn't a whole lot of information that hasn't already been covered. Welcome to the forum and, please, try to familiarize yourself with the search button before hitting the new thread button. Not trying to be mean.
Sorry I'm really new here, but I did search a bit, and I didn't find any threads that were general, and people could just chat on it. The forums don't have any sort of chat feature that I know of so I was thinking this thread could sort of be like that. And if you read the past posts, that is a perfect example of the type of stuff that this thread is for.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
*start rant

I haven't played a round in over a month as I got discouraged after losing 3 discs in a week. My bag seems weak without those discs and I need to suck it up and go play. I lost my Special Edition Leopard in the water; a Riptide in the same creek next hole different round; and my biggest butthurt is from leaving my Z-Flick somewhere. I guess I just didn't pick it up ater a throw. I guess one of the worse (to me) things is that my bag had just gotten where I wanted it and all the discs were blue or white. I can't afford to go buy new discs to replace them so I am going to use discs I have already. I am thinking a Champion Tee-Bird or Z-Surge will find their way into the bag. Both of which are pink... Sorry for being a whiney bitch but I do feel better.

*end rant
Old 11-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
I am posting to up my post count. I'm sure I'm the only one though. Shame on me.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Sorry I'm really new here, but I did search a bit, and I didn't find any threads that were general, and people could just chat on it. The forums don't have any sort of chat feature that I know of so I was thinking this thread could sort of be like that. And if you read the past posts, that is a perfect example of the type of stuff that this thread is for.
I really wasn't trying to be mean with my post. I can be direct and sarcastic/snide without meaning to be. I often forget sarcasm doesn't transfer well over text. I'm glad to see you join and grow the community.

As for the chat, I think tim had this feature enabled for a little while in the early days (before I joined) but turned it off because it wasn't being used. This might actually be useful nowadays though. We have a name for someone replying to a new thread with multiple links to duplicate threads. It's called the prerube, named after the "founder" of the movement. Having the chat would be a nice way to let new members familiarize themselves without incurring the new thread police/prerubes.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 93
No spelling errors in thread title. +1

Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
I just got thru re-designing 3 holes at my "home" course.
Some folks are realllyyy gonna hate what I did with #9.
Closed Thread