Old 11-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Wow, Dynamic is stepping out. They did big w/ apparel and tourney sponsorship, now bags and their own line of discs. That's a big step up, but a logical move for continued growth, I think. I guess I saw the bags being the next thing from them making sense, but I'm surprised but not shocked that they would try to produce their own plastic as well.

They already have an established retail network and the margin on selling your own plastic directly has got to be way bigger than pushing other company's products. Imagine how hot Discmania would be if they already had sponsorship deals w/ big name players, ran their own F ton of tourneys and had as much brand identity as DD before they started releasing their own plastic.

I'd assume that they'd pair up with Discraft for molds, like DGA. They already get a ton of exclusive and limited edition stuff from them that it makes sense. But they also get a bunch from Innova, like the King Cobras and Super Stingrays. One was glow, one was sparkle.... I forget which was which. There's others too, from both companies. Since their retail store is in town, I remember seeing them on displays and it seems like there is stuff in the store that's not online.

Two more thoughts and then I gotta get back to work.
Wonder what you'll be getting in players packs at their tourneys from now on?

Latitude plastic is sweet, and crzytal feels good but DyeMax is the shizz. Can you imagine what they'll do for production runs when it's on their own plastic and not low production or custom stuff. That could be soooo sweet.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:55 PM
*Legalize It*

Courses Played: 36
hmm any guess on how many pages this thread has by tomorrow.. how bout over/under 24?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
But why does Latitude need to make discs for DD to break into the market? Sure, they're a big retailer, but I feel like Lat could do this on their own and grow their current market under their own name...
Old 11-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr123psu View Post
We seem to have the same base knowledge, but I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you here. DGA uses the four characteristic flight ratings and they're molded by Discraft.
I'm not suggesting the use of the flight ratings, I'm suggesting the FONT that they are displayed in, which also appears in the disc names on the premium line of discs that this company sells.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 29
lol full of win right now
Old 11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 17
I'll take the over on 24.

Dyemax goldline for everybody! They already do a few and have em at the shop and in their swagwagon. The discs look and feel incredible.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
But why does Latitude need to make discs for DD to break into the market? Sure, they're a big retailer, but I feel like Lat could do this on their own and grow their current market under their own name...
Short of people "in the know" in DG, Latitude is still a relatively unknown company. I play with pros who don't have a clue what my River is. DD is an established US retailer that specializes in the "cool" side of disc golf. Latitude probably just offered them the best deal for a backing manufacturer when word got out they were in the market.

I expect to see DD baskets in the future as well. I know that was a big thing Latitude makes and wishes they had a more viable options to get them overseas for sale (I hear they're pretty darn nice baskets, too).
Old 11-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Who gives 3 shakes who's making discs. As long as I'm getting sweet plastic, I don't care if McDonald's is making the discs. If they are the quality of a GL river, I just don't care.

Sure, I'd love to support some companies more than others. But the bottom line is, I want quality discs.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
Who gives 3 shakes who's making discs. As long as I'm getting sweet plastic, I don't care if McDonald's is making the discs. If they are the quality of a GL river, I just don't care.

Sure, I'd love to support some companies more than others. But the bottom line is, I want quality discs.
What if Lat started making the McRib but with pearly, swirly, and sparkle BBQ sauce?

Old 11-29-2012, 03:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 29
^id probably choke on them because i would try to eat 6 at a time