Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 123
So I threw a few DD discs this past weekend and enjoyed the Escape. The Fugitive I threw was a flippy piece of crap and it went straight into a drainage pipe......video/review to follow.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
did anyone here get testers of the DD discs????

i just haven't heard much about them. wondering why DD didn't send out testers....
Someone on here was selling one of the protos and there's footage of EMac testing some discs. It might well have been that DD kept most of the testing to a small group of their pros or regular customers.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 63
My thoughts on the DD disc's so far...

Bio and Lucid Trespass:
I have really taken a liking to this disc. I pulled all my forces out of my bag and put a bio and a lucid trespass in to try in that slot. The bio is definitely a notch more overstable than the lucid IMO. It has terrific speed/glide/stability. I have yet to see a top end pro bomb one of these, but I have no doubt that it will hang with the likes of a Destroyer or Force. In my test throwing, I put them up against ESP Forces and Star Destroyers. The one thing that I took away from that session was that the Trespass seems to have good qualities of both the Destroyer and Force. When thrown hard and flat, the lucid had a little bit of turn, similar to my Star Destroyers and as it started to run out of juice, the low speed fade was very similar to that of a Force. It also seems to not have the greatest forward penetration as it starts to run out of juice, but that might change a little after it starts to warm up and I can throw it how I want to. The Bio has yet to really flip on me. I was able to throw it into a 25 mph headwind and it still came back out of the turn.

Bio Escape:
I am not completely sold on this disc just yet. It feels like a teebird in the hand for the most part. It flies like a seasoned Star Teebird. The downside though, it can't really take a headwind at all, unless you throw it with quite a bit of hyzer on it. It does have tremendous glide though. And in terms of distance potential, I would put it right there with the FD for fairway drivers(Meaning it is on the longer distance end of the spectrum for a Fairway driver). If I can get one broken in a little more, I could easily see these replacing my S-FD's that I am currently carrying.

Bio Fugitive:
I am really liking the Bio Fugitive. I was test flying it next to a Buzzz SS and a Midnight Comet. The disc is pretty straight with minimal fade out of the box. It is also on the upper end in terms of speed for a midrange. I would put it in the same speed class as the Storm or Impact. The overall flight pattern is what I was hoping the Buzzz SS would be for me, but sadly wasn't. I don't normally throw full on power with a midrange, but I tried it with the fugitive. Not exactly an optimal midrange mold to do that with. I would be interested in seeing a Fugitive-X though in the future as it would be a great 1-2 combo in the midrange category.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
My thoughts on the DD disc's so far...

Bio and Lucid Trespass:
I have really taken a liking to this disc. I pulled all my forces out of my bag and put a bio and a lucid trespass in to try in that slot. The bio is definitely a notch more overstable than the lucid IMO. It has terrific speed/glide/stability. I have yet to see a top end pro bomb one of these, but I have no doubt that it will hang with the likes of a Destroyer or Force. In my test throwing, I put them up against ESP Forces and Star Destroyers. The one thing that I took away from that session was that the Trespass seems to have good qualities of both the Destroyer and Force. When thrown hard and flat, the lucid had a little bit of turn, similar to my Star Destroyers and as it started to run out of juice, the low speed fade was very similar to that of a Force. It also seems to not have the greatest forward penetration as it starts to run out of juice, but that might change a little after it starts to warm up and I can throw it how I want to. The Bio has yet to really flip on me. I was able to throw it into a 25 mph headwind and it still came back out of the turn.

Bio Escape:
I am not completely sold on this disc just yet. It feels like a teebird in the hand for the most part. It flies like a seasoned Star Teebird. The downside though, it can't really take a headwind at all, unless you throw it with quite a bit of hyzer on it. It does have tremendous glide though. And in terms of distance potential, I would put it right there with the FD for fairway drivers(Meaning it is on the longer distance end of the spectrum for a Fairway driver). If I can get one broken in a little more, I could easily see these replacing my S-FD's that I am currently carrying.

Bio Fugitive:
I am really liking the Bio Fugitive. I was test flying it next to a Buzzz SS and a Midnight Comet. The disc is pretty straight with minimal fade out of the box. It is also on the upper end in terms of speed for a midrange. I would put it in the same speed class as the Storm or Impact. The overall flight pattern is what I was hoping the Buzzz SS would be for me, but sadly wasn't. I don't normally throw full on power with a midrange, but I tried it with the fugitive. Not exactly an optimal midrange mold to do that with. I would be interested in seeing a Fugitive-X though in the future as it would be a great 1-2 combo in the midrange category.
I guess I didn't throw the Escape.....it was a Trespass.

The FD/Jackal feels really nice so I will have to check out an Escape. Thanks for the detailed review!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Can't remember if its been posted about, but how do the Bio Escapes stack up to the Lucid Escapes?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 31
Tad more OS. Lucids will turn more into headwind than bios. But don't get me wrong, lucid escapes are the best disc I own.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 56
So, for people who have experience with a comet, would the fugitive have a similar, but faster flight path? Might have to try one out if that's the case. A faster but still neutral flight midrange would be right up my alley (or I will just stick with comets )
Old 03-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 63
VicB...this is Blurr.

I have found that the Lucid Fugitive is fairly close to a Z-Comet in the same weight. Pretty straight with not much fade. The Bio Fugitive though has bit more stability when compared to a comet. I would almost compare it to something in the Roc/Shark stability. My love for the Fugitive has faded and the Comet is back in the bag.

Last edited by SpikeHyzer; 03-13-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
VicB...this is Blurr.

I have found that the Lucid Fugitive is fairly close to a Z-Comet in the same weight. Pretty straight with not much fade. The Bio Fugitive though has bit more stability when compared to a comet. I would almost compare it to something in the Roc/Shark stability. My love for the Fugitive has faded and the Comet is back in the bag.
appreciate the feedback. maybe I'll pass on the fugitive then. I think it's going to be nearly impossible to get a comet out of my bag now that I'm not cycling rocs anymore.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 32
Stag 171 fin. - Sword 171 - Bolt 171 - Escape 175 - River 170 - Striker 171 - Fugitive 180 - Trespass 169 bio - Judge - Classic Judge.
I didn't ask for anything in particular. I might take only them as my bag for a day.DD haul.jpg