Disc Golf Center
Old 11-30-2012, 06:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Skyline (Napa) this Tuesday

May be able to make it out for a round sometime Tuesday morning to Skyline. Anyone on here interested in meeting up? I know it's a weekday, so no worries if not.

Also, I know it's got some elevation. Should I be concerned about erosion after the storm?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Man, I'd do GGP, but Skyline might be a nightmare with the rain and clay mix. GGP is so sandy it's not to bad even after a heavy rain. If you play Skyline, you will love the course for sure. Well, as long as you have a backhand, forehand and tommahawk
Old 12-02-2012, 01:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue View Post
Man, I'd do GGP, but Skyline might be a nightmare with the rain and clay mix. GGP is so sandy it's not to bad even after a heavy rain. If you play Skyline, you will love the course for sure. Well, as long as you have a backhand, forehand and tommahawk
I've got one and a half of those.

Planning on hitting GGP Wednesday or Friday with my dad, but he has to work Tuesday, which is why I was thinking of Skyline. But you're right, my main concern is the terrain after the dump you guys have been getting up there. It looks like a fun course, though, so I may risk the punishment.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 114
It is a fun course. I played it in the rain during the Vintage Cup a couple years ago, and it wasn't too bad. As for needing a backhand, sidearm and tomahawk, I managed to play alright with only really having a backhand, and I know Dallas Albright has won it multiple years throwing almost nothing but overhand.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humchris85 View Post
It is a fun course. I played it in the rain during the Vintage Cup a couple years ago, and it wasn't too bad. As for needing a backhand, sidearm and tomahawk, I managed to play alright with only really having a backhand, and I know Dallas Albright has won it multiple years throwing almost nothing but overhand.
Ya it's possible, but it's really best to be throwing into the slope. I only have a backhand too and if I didn't trun the disc over or it hyzered out to much. It would just float down the slope of the hill. Also there are a few holes made just for a tomahawk.
It just makes for a long day without those throws in your bag.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 114
This is quite true. I definatly didn't shoot my best out there. If I had a goot tomahawk in my bag, I'm sure I could have done much beter. Maby I'll have to work on that shot before I play there again.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
I've got one and a half of those.

Planning on hitting GGP Wednesday or Friday with my dad, but he has to work Tuesday, which is why I was thinking of Skyline. But you're right, my main concern is the terrain after the dump you guys have been getting up there. It looks like a fun course, though, so I may risk the punishment.
It's worth it for sure. Not a long course, but technical. A good indicator on how muddy the course might be is the quarter mile walk in. If that trail is a mess, prepare yourself lol.
I'm sure you know, but it's $5 to get in.
Well, have a great time!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 30.2
Courses Played: 27
I may be able to meet up with you, and if so, I have an annual pass to get in so you can save $5.

I'll PM you my phone # and we can try to coordinate. With today and tomorrow drying out, it should play really nicely on Tuesday as long as the weather holds until then. We haven't had much rain this season (other than the past few days), so it should still be drying out pretty well since it's mostly hilly terrain.

Tim S.

Tim S.