Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot_er View Post
Dude 95% of people don't even have a rating.....and the vast majority of those are sub-900 players.

I know A LOT of sub-900 players.
Ivar played a lot of tournaments, but only one PDGA tourney and I am WELL below 900. Check my PDGA number if you don't believe me...I shan't embarrass myself by posting it here. I had a really bad tournament, but still...

I play four or more rounds a week and have been playing for over 20 years. I know a lot about the game. It irks me when players with natural talent get all high and mighty. The REAL question is: how many of those players who are 900-plus rated players have fun every time they play? I guarentee the "chuckers" sure do.

Apologies for the drift. I took the Terns out for a round today and was making so
e really good shots. I was wavering between it and the d4, but the Tern has won. I have a tendency to smack trees, and today was no exception. Some scuffage, but no chunks. So the new plastic holds up well.

And the glide man...the GLIDE! This has to be Innova's glidiest disc ever!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 24
[QUOTE=AndyJB;1850634
I play four or more rounds a week and have been playing for over 20 years. I know a lot about the game. It irks me when players with natural talent get all high and mighty. The REAL question is: how many of those players who are 900-plus rated players have fun every time they play? I guarentee the "chuckers" sure do.
ever![/QUOTE]

Chucker here and yes we do. But, in all seriousness....The plastic feels great, and you're right. This disc has glide for miles, and flies on a pretty tight line. I like it a lot.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 18
What weight are you throwing Andy? I've been cyber-stalking you since we have similar D and are both high.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 4
question for andy...hey man, just wondering how you would compare the tern to the d4 as i recently bought both and love the tern but have yet to throw the d4.. any insight would be helpful thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 08:46 PM

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 18
1 - I'm a consistent 425' on a Teebird thrower.

2 - Balls out on a lower-ish line, the Tern flips and eventually crashes, but doesn't turn and burn as easy as I thought it would. From my experiences with them, it's similar to an ESP Nuke in understability. e.g. it can definitely burn if you want it to, but if you hit the sweet spot, which is annoying, it can really find some close-to-acceptable lines.

2.1 - High max-d hyzer line, and it flips and glides for days. Takes up quite a lot real estate to go from L-R; I would approximate 70'-ish.

3 - I don't have to try hard to get 400'. This is kind of nice. (Still more L-R than I would like though.)

4 - Will not take a place in my bag. (Destroyers and Augusta Wraiths for me.)

5 - Most importantly. The plastic quality is great compared to some of the waxy "champion" Innova has been boosting. The disc I have is "blurple" 168g, nearly clear. Rather grippy, even in cold. Not quite as grippy as the Prodigy stuff coming out right now. Not quite as hard as 11x plastic. Durometer (shore D) readings are ~70 on the rim. I will be more excited if Innova can retain this level of quality.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_B5932 View Post
A lot of people do bash Innova buy they always have and still do make the best product out there.
Sorry Innova doesnt, Discraft Does!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
you win. I was just giving you a hard time-- not sure they make the BEST product but they for sure have the best selection and best known name in manufactures world wide but products... ehh depends on which one, which run, which color, which numbers, city, and letters are on the back, who endorsed it when, how many circles, what stamp, the what one of the 1000 different plastics'
We both win!! I was always good with Dave, Tim and all the Innova guys when I played competitive golf. They always took care of what I needed so I continue to back their product. Not always consistent but back then they were the only company that made stuff that could handle how hard and far I threw. I would like to try some Lat 64 stuff out, looks really good. My friend is going to try and break the record with the Tern, his words were, "there is no other disc like it".
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Par Member

Wahoo 12, 6, -2, 2
Tern 12, 6, -2, 2
Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Par Member

The Wahoo made in Champion plastic is called the Tern

Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRain View Post
The Wahoo made in Champion plastic is called the Tern
No.

PDGA measurements:

Tern: 21.1 / 1.7 / 1.1 / 16.6 / 2.3 / 5.2 / 28.50 / 11.91
Wahoo: 21.0 / 2.0 / 1.2 / 16.1 / 2.4 / 5.7 / 33.25 / 10.21

Last edited by BigSky; 02-15-2013 at 09:58 PM.