Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: LHBH
I'm glad to hear technique wins out over age. Now only if my technique weren't crap on top of the fact that much older than 38. you can never accomplish so much that it can't be embellished.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Eagle Member

People are blowing smoke...try to tell them skills naturally diminish with age and that the earth isn't flat and they throw a hissy fit.

Anyway, back on Tern subject...my star stamped champ Tern was destroyer like...not what I expected. I have a champ Boss for that slot.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatsmith View Post
I'm glad to hear technique wins out over age. Now only if my technique weren't crap on top of the fact that much older than 38. you can never accomplish so much that it can't be embellished.
BTW, do you actually have a course in Prescott, or are they in Prescott Valley?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Eagle Member

The city of Prescott just opened a 9 hole course Watson Lake. There's a Arizona Courses thread with all the Prescott courses listed on here.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 AM

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Im still kind of new to dg, but this is the first > 9-speed driver I have have completely fallen in love with. Is it getting out of hand that I have one and have 4 more on the way in various colors and stamps? Only other disc besides putters for practice I have done this with was the saint of which I have 3 (2 in bag, one on wall retired as 1st ace disc). Is this too much, too soon? How many of a single mold do you guys buy when experimenting with a new disc or once you find you like it?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:07 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You may have been above 500' ft on your best day in the mid 90's, but after being out of the sport for 18 years and now much older, claiming 500' at 60% with a serious shoulder injury is absurd? Are you really going to stick by that drivel, Bobby?
So what is your name? I was above 630 feet back when Vipers were the distance disc being used. I was about 500 with Rocs, 450 with Aviars. The last time I threw for actual distance was with gazelles and I was throwing them 620-660. Technique was way more important in those days than it is now. And yes, I am sticking to my 500 feet at 60% power. Decent wind with the right release nice and high the Tern will glide a long long ways. I have a 100 foot piece of rope with nails on both ends. I walk it off 5 times, set up my basket and go back and throw with putters, mids, fairways and drivers. I then proceed to throw approaches from the putters and Mids and putt whatever else I can. On 4 occasions the Tern was pin high, 1 to the right and four to the left. Like I said, I have nothing to gain by exaggerating . I simply can not throw any harder than about 60% right now so getting the right angles on my longer throws is crucial to me right now and the Tern has helped with getting the long shots out there. About being past my prime, I never said I wasn't, thats a given for anyone in any sport when they get older. I would really like to know who you are and then try and figure out why you question me. If you know me or have ever seen me throw you know for a fact that I was way over 500 on my best days. Being at 500 on my best day is an insult. PM me if you would like, actually please PM me. Not looking to get into an argument with you but would just like to have a simple discussion with you. And, if I know you to catch up on the times. Balls in your court now, I would really enjoy chatting with you.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydutch View Post
Too bad it'd be nice to read more bout the Tern than this nonsense. This disc has been amazing to me thus far and deserves better than this in it's thread, at least until the thread has doubled the length it is now lol. I am 23 and in good shape and when I go to sleep and dream at night I throw my tern 500+ and hit all the tunnel shots at my local course and also have 7 aces with it! One day I'll get there but thats what dreams are for
You can get to the 500 mark. Work on being smooth and not over powering the disc, thats where you get in trouble and start loosing distance, throwing way line etc. One thing that helped me with adding a lot of distance to my game was throwing Aviars on many longer 400+ holes. I learned a technique where I in visioned a a "wall" if you will in front of me. My goal was to lift the disc high over that wall while keeping the nose down and releasing with the proper angle. It took practice but in the end it paid off for golf distance. Weight transfer is also very important. Keep practicing and you will obtain goals.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Someone shut down this thread now. I love the Terns. I don't love people OBVIOUSLY LYING OR MAKING MISLEADING COMMENTS and then EVERYONE ELSE ACTING LIKE THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED AND THIS MAN IS SATAN INCARNATE.

I don't give a crap about you or your three mile throw with a DX Aero or whatever. Nor do I give a crap about all the people who feel inadequate because they don't have any form to speak of. Just everyone shut up about it on here and start a new thread PLEASE

Last edited by AndyJB; 02-18-2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: type
Old 02-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Eagle Member

Satan Incarnate? He should have a dedicated thread. Thanks for the tips Bobby. What did the Tern replace in your bag, if anything?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
No need to start a new thread if people who don't know a person would stop calling them liars. Instead of spouting a bunch of defamation, I decided to use my resources... Dave D knows who he is and yes, he could throw far.

And he's only 38! I'm 41 (and a half) and I threw it well over 500 at Burlington a few weeks ago... on a very short teepad in at or near freezing temps. 10 foot run-up, 550 feet (Hole 17 for those who know it).

And I'm sure Bob can outthrow me. He is describing his Aviar distance throws almost exactly how I was throwing them near 400 ft back when I was HIS age.
Dang whippersnappers.