Disc Golf Store
Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
My point is that your worthless posts clutter up the tread needlessly. If you insist on having this absurd discussion you could have it with Bobby by PM. I'm not sure what you think you're proving by wasting everyone else's time here. What do you gain by arguing with Bobby and New? As you yourself said you're not going to give them the chance to prove anything to you, so either shut up or take it to PM.
And since you're here, why don't you contribute by commenting on the Tern? Have you even thrown one? If you look back in this thread you'll see that I've offered comments on the disc, and answered several questions based on my experience with it. So, have at it.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Birdie Member

Well, Wanderer might (or might not) be lacking in "D", but he's sure got stamina. Make sure your headstone reads, "Bob Brenner is a liar." Don't ever give up on the argument dude...never surrender.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Took the tern out in the field today. 167 gr. Threw it with along side the Krait, and Wraith. And as usual it seems to glide out 10 to 20 ft after I think it will hit. That being said, I get tighter lines with the other two. However, it has a lot of distance potential if there is open space.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Birdie Member

I feel the Tern is a disc definitely worth trying no matter how much power you have or don't have. I stick to my comment when I called it a finesse distance driver, that's what it is for me and my good friend who is also a big distance thrower Marc Jarvis calls it. It flies amazingly well at lower speeds. With the right wind and right lines it is very easy to achieve great distance with Tern. It also makes a great power roller. I am throwing a proto, haven't thrown a production run Tern yet.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_B5932 View Post
I feel the Tern is a disc definitely worth trying no matter how much power you have or don't have. I stick to my comment when I called it a finesse distance driver, that's what it is for me and my good friend who is also a big distance thrower Marc Jarvis calls it. It flies amazingly well at lower speeds. With the right wind and right lines it is very easy to achieve great distance with Tern. It also makes a great power roller. I am throwing a proto, haven't thrown a production run Tern yet.
I will agree that this is a good driver for most skill levels, but I disagree on it being a finesse driver. I think its cool that you can do that, but for me and most people Ive seen throw it, the discs needs a lot of room to work. I don't throw it on tight holes, rather Ill throw a Krait or a Destroyer.

The Tern is what is truly classified as a neutral driver in that it has turn and fade, but they are almost totally equal. Depending on wind, release angles and speed and all that you'll get more of one than the other, but for the most part it needs some room to get that big, distance stretching s-curves.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_B5932 View Post
Bob, if it's that yeallow-green one you posted a pic of, I believe that's a production Tern, not proto. It has the stock Tern stamp, right? The proto's, or pre-production, have the star stamp.

Anyway, I agree with what you say in this post, FWIW.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmer2303 View Post
Took the tern out in the field today. 167 gr. Threw it with along side the Krait, and Wraith. And as usual it seems to glide out 10 to 20 ft after I think it will hit. That being said, I get tighter lines with the other two. However, it has a lot of distance potential if there is open space.
This is an accurate appraisal, IMO.

It has enhanced glide, along the lines of a Mamba, but still not the kind of crazy glide that many of the Lat 64 and Westside drivers seem to have.

Yes, it needs room to work, this is an "S" curve driver. Other than the Katana, pobably the curviest Innova driver I've thrown.

Definite big distance potential.

How are you coping with that shallow rim?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
I will agree that this is a good driver for most skill levels, but I disagree on it being a finesse driver. I think its cool that you can do that, but for me and most people Ive seen throw it, the discs needs a lot of room to work. I don't throw it on tight holes, rather Ill throw a Krait or a Destroyer.

The Tern is what is truly classified as a neutral driver in that it has turn and fade, but they are almost totally equal. Depending on wind, release angles and speed and all that you'll get more of one than the other, but for the most part it needs some room to get that big, distance stretching s-curves.
I think his calling it a finesse driver was based on stability, or lack of. Not it's flight pattern.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
This is an accurate appraisal, IMO.

It has enhanced glide, along the lines of a Mamba, but still not the kind of crazy glide that many of the Lat 64 and Westside drivers seem to have.

Yes, it needs room to work, this is an "S" curve driver. Other than the Katana, pobably the curviest Innova driver I've thrown.

Definite big distance potential.

How are you coping with that shallow rim?
The rim is comfortable, however it seems like I get the occasional early release. I'm pretty sure that it's me and not the disc, though

Old 03-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmer2303 View Post
The rim is comfortable, however it seems like I get the occasional early release. I'm pretty sure that it's me and not the disc, though
I get the occasional early release with the Tern too. I think some slippage can occur because of that shallow rim. I used to throw a Northman a lot as one of my staple drivers, and I used to get some early releases with it for the same reason...it also has a shallow rim.