Old 05-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
I still love my tern, I was 20 ft long on a 408 foot hole tonight at tailgate dubs, tight little s curve. Fantastic disc.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
I was able to throw this a bunch again today and I don't think I will be keeping it in my bag.

It's not a bad disc but I keep asking myself what it does that my other discs don't do already. I have a beat up Star Destroyer that holds a straighter, cleaner line with more distance. I have a couple of Pro Wraiths that do the same.

Maybe it's my throwing style but I might give this to my buddy as it is a very nice disc with very nice plastic. It would be a shame for this to collect dust.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I was able to throw this a bunch again today and I don't think I will be keeping it in my bag.

It's not a bad disc but I keep asking myself what it does that my other discs don't do already. I have a beat up Star Destroyer that holds a straighter, cleaner line with more distance. I have a couple of Pro Wraiths that do the same.

Maybe it's my throwing style but I might give this to my buddy as it is a very nice disc with very nice plastic. It would be a shame for this to collect dust.
send it to me
Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekdo View Post
Can you guys take your arguments elsewhere and keep this thread for discussion on the TERN.
Great idea, but without active mods it won't happen
Old 05-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
it's a sledding hill! the tee is at the end of the "bumpers". Hole 3 which is next to it has a decided upslope from the bottom of the hill, but that hole drops down a lot lower than 13. I am guessing that 13 was graded for sledding... err, tobogganinining.

It's flat. if not slightly uphill.

Have you BEEN THERE?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Eagle Member

and the Tern could totally reach the top of hole 13 at Toboggan.

Full.
Circle.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post

I'm kind of on the same page as you. My beat star destroyer is longer, and flies a pretty similar line generally. It's just less predictable for me than the Tern has been. This probably boils down to "season and rotate" vs "find one that does it out of the box" deals.

For all-out D, the Destroyer is a bit longer, but for me, the Tern is easier to put where I want it out to 350.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Eagle Member

but when you lose said beat Star Destroyer... how long does it take to get another one primed for the bag? I can't say I've thrown a destroyer farther than I threw a Tern as far farther than any disc I've ever thrown... and that was in the winter when I wasn't playing very much.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintermatt View Post
but when you lose said beat Star Destroyer... how long does it take to get another one primed for the bag? I can't say I've thrown a destroyer farther than I threw a Tern as far farther than any disc I've ever thrown... and that was in the winter when I wasn't playing very much.
Oh, yeah, I'm born again Tern for sure. I'm not a season/rotate guy. Said Destroyer has, on a couple of occasions, taken a very late right turn (RHBH) out of the blue, which is no bueno when not expecting it.

Unrelated:

People have been talking about hearing the phrase "Tern it UP!" on the course.

makes me wonder what region of the country, because there's two ways to interpret the pun.

One is "turn it up," as in the volume. In our neck of the woods, it could also be "tearing it up," as in the course, depending on the intensity of the accent.

/ pointless drift

Old 05-09-2013, 01:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 56
Im just popping back in to say that whatever distance any of you says you throw, youre liars.