Old 06-24-2013, 01:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I just got some Champ Terns and I'm loving them...Great glide, great plastic, perfect useful stability. After what seems like years(since the Innova has finally made another driver I really like. I've only played a couple rounds with my Terns (3x172, 1x167) so far, but they have been completely intuitive on every shot I've thrown with them. I'm going to get some more (who knows what the next run will be like) because I'm pretty sure I've found my new D driver.
What is it kicking out of your bag?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:30 AM

I throw both champ and world's terns. The champ tern is noticeably more over stable. The champ will not turn in a head wind and fades a lot more. My champ tern is 163, world's is 172.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettUA View Post
How is it that Innova stamps the Star Terns as -4 / 2, and the Champ Terns as -2 / 2 ?!?!

I have been throwing a Worlds Star Tern, but bought a couple production run Star Terns so I can take the Worlds disc out of the bag. Didn't think I would get a disc that's labeled -4 / 2....

The Worlds Star Tern definitely isn't -4 high speed.

Anyone thrown the production Stars? Compared them to the Champs? Just curious, strange that Innova would stamp the same disc in two different plastics with different flight numbers.
I have champ and world's and agree with you. While the world's is more understable, no way does it throw like any other -4 disc I've ever thrown.

As to your last post, Innova has done this with several molds. Just look at their PDF selection chart. You will see black numbers, then red numbers for a few discs.

The one I don't get is the Star Katana. My Academy has those in both -2 and -3. Same plastic and same stamp otherwise.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
the ones that were stamped with 2 different sets of numbers were deemed different enough to revise the flight numbers some time later. The "Red" numbers on the charts show the other speed ratings.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
What is it kicking out of your bag?
I've been using Mamba/Sword/Giant. I'm always trying to reduce molds, and I'm thinking I may be able to go with Tern/Giant. This will especially be doable if I can get Star/TP versions that are less stable. I know that the Tern and Giant are the most comfortable speed 13 discs I've thrown in the hand as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I have champ and world's and agree with you. While the world's is more understable, no way does it throw like any other -4 disc I've ever thrown.
I agree that it does not seem like -4 to me. Maybe -3 ... that's pushing it.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
I'm impressed how this disc handles wind despite it's low stability. It took me a while to come around on the Tern but it's now the farthest disc in my bag.

And -4 is ridonkulous. My friend throws a Worlds and it is clearly less stable than the Champ I throw, but like Gravity said even -3 might be too much.

Between the Climo Tern, Champ and the Star you actually have a nice range of stabilities to choose from.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I'm impressed how this disc handles wind despite it's low stability. It took me a while to come around on the Tern but it's now the farthest disc in my bag.

And -4 is ridonkulous. My friend throws a Worlds and it is clearly less stable than the Champ I throw, but like Gravity said even -3 might be too much.

Between the Climo Tern, Champ and the Star you actually have a nice range of stabilities to choose from.
It kicked the Laces and Kraits out of my bag. My worlds Tern is firmly a -3 but not a -4. I will put it this way...I can throw my Worlds Tern flat and it will do a nice long s curve but still finish to the right. I dont have to put much hyzer on it at all to get it to flip flat.

At my arm speed and power level I could probably take out all but my most overstable Destroyer and just rock my Terns and do fine. In fact, I migjt do that for some rounds and see how it goes. The Climo Tern for me flies pretty similar to my well-loved Echo Star Destroyer. The Champs (regular production) fly a lot like my beat Pro Destroyer but woth a smoother fade...the Champ Terns hold annys better but hyzers worse. My Worlds is great...
Fliptastic but controllable.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 144
Send a message via AIM to New013
I climbed up 40ft of intense vine wrapped throughout a giant magnolia tree the other day to get my Tern back.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You didn't like my explanation, too bad. Time to grow up?

There's a video around...something to do with dumping a 250 ft drive into the water in a tournament. It was pathetic. Hmmm, maybe dig that up, quiet you down a little.
Can we get this link?