Old 01-16-2014, 03:46 PM
DGCR Vendor

Courses Played: 28
It has the same PLH as my First run Champ Terns. The Tern X is a lot flatter and I mean a lot. The plastic also has a different feel (not better or worse). Besides it being able to fold it in half. Its winter here no need for high speed stuff until spring.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Noodle arm with about 315 feet max checking in on the Tern. Is this similar to the Unlace where it is just easy extra D, even if you are a sissy la la like me? Or does it need to be hitting a certain distance to do anything special?
Old 01-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
slightly more stable but less glide

I'm not seeing the appeal
Old 01-25-2014, 10:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Noodle arm with about 315 feet max checking in on the Tern. Is this similar to the Unlace where it is just easy extra D, even if you are a sissy la la like me? Or does it need to be hitting a certain distance to do anything special?
My primary driver is a 150g QOLF. I throw it about 325' on flat ground with a good throw. My Champion Terns are 162g and 163g and fly about the same for me. They're very straight with just a hint of HS turn and good forward fade at the end. But the Tern is about 25' longer. It's just not as consistent for me yet.

The Starlite Terns I got at 150g need a lot more room to fly, but max out at 375' now on a really good throw. They just need a lot of room to allow for the serious amount of high speed turn before they come back.

I may be the only one, but I loved the Wahoo. They just broke in too fast for me, even using them only on open, grassy holes. The Tern has done an excellent job of replacing the Wahoo in my bag.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited by Jimb; 01-25-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 23
Quote:
I'm in the same boat with you. My max is around 350' with a BH and I would say that you should see some distance increases. For me, I found that when you don't try to power the throw, the better the Tern performs. While it won't necessarily net you a lot more distance, it's just a lot easier distance. I can throw it at 70% power to achieve the same distances than that of other discs with 80% power. Just try one. I feel it's one of the best discs innova has come out with in a long time.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
My primary driver is a 150g QOLF. I throw it about 325' on flat ground with a good throw. My Champion Terns are 162g and 163g and fly about the same for me. They're very straight with just a hint of HS turn and good forward fade at the end. But the Tern is about 25' longer. It's just not as consistent for me yet.

The Starlite Terns I got at 150g need a lot more room to fly, but max out at 375' now on a really good throw. They just need a lot of room to allow for the serious amount of high speed turn before they come back.

I may be the only one, but I loved the Wahoo. They just broke in too fast for me, even using them only on open, grassy holes. The Tern has done an excellent job of replacing the Wahoo in my bag.

Hopefully this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
I'm in the same boat with you. My max is around 350' with a BH and I would say that you should see some distance increases. For me, I found that when you don't try to power the throw, the better the Tern performs. While it won't necessarily net you a lot more distance, it's just a lot easier distance. I can throw it at 70% power to achieve the same distances than that of other discs with 80% power. Just try one. I feel it's one of the best discs innova has come out with in a long time.
Thanks guys. I'm thinking of snagging a Star in the low 160s to see what it can do. I think the Champ will be too stable.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm thinking of snagging a Star in the low 160s to see what it can do. I think the Champ will be too stable.
Pick up both. Played today in a 10mph headwind and hyzer-flipped a champ on a frozen rope out to 340'. The champ compliments a star and vice-versa. Star in tailwinds, champ in light headwinds.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
Pick up both. Played today in a 10mph headwind and hyzer-flipped a champ on a frozen rope out to 340'. The champ compliments a star and vice-versa. Star in tailwinds, champ in light headwinds.
Agreed.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Crap. Now you guys are gonna make me spend more money.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:38 PM
Birdie Member

That's what we are here for.