Old 08-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Batting cage drill

hello disc golfers, just thought I would share will you something that has helped my game a lot. like the title says I have been getting in the batting cages at my local park and throwing disc. I will take my whole bag to one end and hang a water bottle in the net as a target about 6 foot up at the other end. I start with putters and work my way up. throwing in the cages combined with the beato drill will help with accuracy,timing and most important disc control. most my friend think I am crazy, but I promise it is a great way to see how your throwing without having to look for disc all day.

don't knock it till you try it.

Last edited by cheese dog; 08-21-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Also fun: trying to plant discs into a soccer net from various places on the field.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHFH
If i don't feel like driving to the course, I'll just drive to the local football stadium and throw my bag a few times. I love sitting at one endzone and putting a driver through the uprights at the other endzone. Plus it's a good way to gauge distances, and getting a feel for what 40, 50, 60, or whatever distances feel like throwing.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yeah, but a batting cage is like ... your least annoying friend. You know ... the one that doesn't talk your ear off. Just picks up your discs and sets them in a pile where you're going to throw from next.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
i know if i can hit 6-8 foot high in the center of the net its a good drive. i throw 100-200 disc in there before a round and my throw becomes second nature.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
I really like this idea, I'll have to see if they have any nearby I could use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampora View Post
Also fun: trying to plant discs into a soccer net from various places on the field.
This is one of my favorite drills. I absolutely love it for distance driving in particular. If you go out to your max distance golf line comfort range, it really teaches you to keep them low and straight, which is a very useful shot to have when you need accurate bombs. High flex lines are fine for open holes, but a lot of the time you won't be working with fairways like that.