Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
How do folks think this will fit into a (or their) stable of Rocs? Seems like it will be like a slightly seasoned DX b/c of reduced fade, but will fight wind a little better b/c of champ plastic and flat top.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Na. For me it fly like slightly beat champ roc. In no way will it take dx out of my bag.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 56
I think itll fly pretty closely to a beefy buzz. Itll be pretty stable to overstable unless thrown flat and hard. You may see some turn on that kind of throw but otherwise it will be pretty hss and very lss with terrible glide I imagine
Old 12-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
I can't wait to throw it, i was hoping it'd be more overstable, but sounds like it is more stable than over stable. That's alright though. Sometimes having a consistent straight flyer is nice.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
I am confused, is it going to be 50 protostars to each retailer? or 50 protostars per week for a couple weeks? I would like to get a protostar but would like the weight and color I want
Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 218
They are making a million proto stars so I don't think you'll have a problem...
Old 12-07-2012, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco81 View Post
I am confused, is it going to be 50 protostars to each retailer? or 50 protostars per week for a couple weeks? I would like to get a protostar but would like the weight and color I want
i wonder about this too..

retailers?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 11
So while everyone is hoarding as many of these as possible, do you guys think these won't go up in value as much as you hoped?

I wasn't around during the CE era, but I think what made CE so valuable is the smaller number of people that hoarded it(and the awesome plastic blend). Maybe people instantly knew CE discs would skyrocket in value, but it probably wasn't like it is now with all the Innova fanboys hoarding new production runs in hopes of unloading later for nice profits. Again, I wasn't playing DG when CE was in production so IDK if people were as hyped about those as people are today about new stuff. But you know the sentiment about "collectible" stuff, it usually doesn't raise in value like something that becomes collectible organically

That being said... Im going to buy at least 10 of these and will be throwing the majority of them.

Last edited by diskhead; 12-07-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
I wish dd would stop ****ing with the roc mold.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by diskhead View Post
So while everyone is hoarding as many of these as possible, do you guys think these won't go up in value as much as you hoped?

I wasn't around during the CE era, but I think what made CE so valuable is the smaller number of people that hoarded it(and the awesome plastic blend). Maybe people instantly knew CE discs would skyrocket in value, but it probably wasn't like it is now with all the Innova fanboys hoarding new production runs in hopes of unloading later for nice profits. Again, I wasn't playing DG when CE was in production so IDK if people were as hyped about those as people are today about new stuff. But you know the sentiment about "collectible" stuff, it usually doesn't raise in value like something that becomes collectible organically

That being said... Im going to buy at least 10 of these and will be throwing the majority of them.
Im not saying these wont go up in value, but anyone thinking that in 10 years these will be comparable to CE Teebirds, or the like, is probably a little delusional. Although, rare off colors may fetch a good amount for proto Roc rainbow creators, like MrChurch with his whippets

I could be wrong...