Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbackbob View Post
I know I'm not talking about the RC3 production proto, but...

I just got my first J/O RC3 and it was naturally flat. It's 180 and I threw it for a round on an open course yesterday.

I'm a legitimate advanced player (953) and I know a flippy or straight mid. My RC3 is NOT the "straight" Roc that these threads lead me to believe the RC3 would be...

Very overstable disc with significant fade at the end. I can throw it straight for about 250 and then it tanks out left HARD!

That being said, I really like it...
I think they fly like crap. I tried to like em, but the japan nationals one i have flies like a brick.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
I think they fly like crap. I tried to like em, but the japan nationals one i have flies like a brick.
I some-what agree. They kinda feel like bricks but fly basically the same distance as my KC Rocs. I think they feel like bricks because the rim on the AO Roc is more beefy than the KC Pros
Old 12-07-2012, 03:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 45
I haven't really gotten the opportunity to really throw my JO Rocs alot but the times I did throw them they were suprisingly good. I could shape lines with it through the woods and they had decent glide out in the field holes. I can't wait till winter is over and see how they really fly in the warmer months. The one I put in my bag definitely had a foward penetrating fade on it when thrown flat and hard. As of right now they are not flying anywhere close to my DX or KC Pro Rocs as far as distance. But that being said I've had more time to familiarize myself with the DX and KC Pro Rocs. We will see how they fly in the warmer months and I will give a better review.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 89
Any mods want to fix the typo in the title? Might improve searchability when it's no longer on the first page.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 87
Quote:

I just got my first J/O RC3 and it was naturally flat. It's 180 and I threw it for a round on an open course yesterday.

I'm a legitimate advanced player (953) and I know a flippy or straight mid. My RC3 is NOT the "straight" Roc that these threads lead me to believe the RC3 would be...

Very overstable disc with significant fade at the end. I can throw it straight for about 250 and then it tanks out left HARD!

Yup you are 100% correct. I'm in the same boat, my rating is higher than most on here and I throw rocs and this roc would be my overstable roc.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
So I am taking it that they are rather glideless? I'm guessing the average 953 rated player can throw most mids farther than 250+
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Any mods want to fix the typo in the title? Might improve searchability when it's no longer on the first page.
Would if I could. PM Zenbot!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
So I am taking it that they are rather glideless? I'm guessing the average 953 rated player can throw most mids farther than 250+

I would think if you are rated 953 you should be able to throw a roc, buzz or most any midrange anywhere from 320' to 350'. Once you get above that you're talking Pro material. IMHO which means just about squat.

Everyone has to remember that you are throwing a brand new Roc. Anyone who throws Rocs knows that it takes a while for a Roc to get into that glidey phase. For example, you can get yourself a nice mint DX roc and be able to push it out to 330' on the first few throws. Break that sucker in a bit and you can now push that mother out to 345-350'. These Rocs are brand new and in Champion plastic AND it's cold outside. I don't think it's a fair review until we see how they fly in warm weather and they break in a bit.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
My flat AO was. I think you're better off with a Buzzz if you're the fast/straight mid type. But mild domed AOs = perfect Roc, IMO. Just like my SMRDs but they'll last forever and they're griptastic. If anyone's got a mild domed one for trade, PM me.

I also had an alarmingly huge difference in PLH between my two AOs, so I'm not surprised to see varying reports on the amount of fade. I threw my flat AO anywhere from 290-350' and it was dead straight.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller3 View Post
My flat AO was. I think you're better off with a Buzzz if you're the fast/straight mid type. But mild domed AOs = perfect Roc, IMO. Just like my SMRDs but they'll last forever and they're griptastic. If anyone's got a mild domed one for trade, PM me.

I also had an alarmingly huge difference in PLH between my two AOs, so I'm not surprised to see varying reports on the amount of fade. I threw my flat AO anywhere from 290-350' and it was dead straight.
Agreed. Smrd rocs are the way to go for sure.