#151  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM
pspunch's Avatar
pspunch pspunch is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA
Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbackbob View Post
I know I'm not talking about the RC3 production proto, but...

I just got my first J/O RC3 and it was naturally flat. It's 180 and I threw it for a round on an open course yesterday.

I'm a legitimate advanced player (953) and I know a flippy or straight mid. My RC3 is NOT the "straight" Roc that these threads lead me to believe the RC3 would be...

Very overstable disc with significant fade at the end. I can throw it straight for about 250 and then it tanks out left HARD!

That being said, I really like it...
I think they fly like crap. I tried to like em, but the japan nationals one i have flies like a brick.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 PM
diskhead diskhead is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
I think they fly like crap. I tried to like em, but the japan nationals one i have flies like a brick.
I some-what agree. They kinda feel like bricks but fly basically the same distance as my KC Rocs. I think they feel like bricks because the rim on the AO Roc is more beefy than the KC Pros
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Rocaholic74's Avatar
Rocaholic74 Rocaholic74 is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,445
I haven't really gotten the opportunity to really throw my JO Rocs alot but the times I did throw them they were suprisingly good. I could shape lines with it through the woods and they had decent glide out in the field holes. I can't wait till winter is over and see how they really fly in the warmer months. The one I put in my bag definitely had a foward penetrating fade on it when thrown flat and hard. As of right now they are not flying anywhere close to my DX or KC Pro Rocs as far as distance. But that being said I've had more time to familiarize myself with the DX and KC Pro Rocs. We will see how they fly in the warmer months and I will give a better review.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 PM
steve a steve a is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: behind the basket
Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 89
Posts: 2,270
Any mods want to fix the typo in the title? Might improve searchability when it's no longer on the first page.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is online now
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbackbob View Post
I know I'm not talking about the RC3 production proto, but...

I just got my first J/O RC3 and it was naturally flat. It's 180 and I threw it for a round on an open course yesterday.

I'm a legitimate advanced player (953) and I know a flippy or straight mid. My RC3 is NOT the "straight" Roc that these threads lead me to believe the RC3 would be...

Very overstable disc with significant fade at the end. I can throw it straight for about 250 and then it tanks out left HARD!

That being said, I really like it...

Yup you are 100% correct. I'm in the same boat, my rating is higher than most on here and I throw rocs and this roc would be my overstable roc.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 PM
kevdiv48's Avatar
kevdiv48 kevdiv48 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ames, IA
Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbackbob View Post
I know I'm not talking about the RC3 production proto, but...

I just got my first J/O RC3 and it was naturally flat. It's 180 and I threw it for a round on an open course yesterday.

I'm a legitimate advanced player (953) and I know a flippy or straight mid. My RC3 is NOT the "straight" Roc that these threads lead me to believe the RC3 would be...

Very overstable disc with significant fade at the end. I can throw it straight for about 250 and then it tanks out left HARD!

That being said, I really like it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspunch View Post
I think they fly like crap. I tried to like em, but the japan nationals one i have flies like a brick.
So I am taking it that they are rather glideless? I'm guessing the average 953 rated player can throw most mids farther than 250+
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
JR Stengele's Avatar
JR Stengele JR Stengele is offline
*Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 'MukTown' - Pacific Northwest
Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 192
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve a View Post
Any mods want to fix the typo in the title? Might improve searchability when it's no longer on the first page.
Would if I could. PM Zenbot!
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Rocaholic74's Avatar
Rocaholic74 Rocaholic74 is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
So I am taking it that they are rather glideless? I'm guessing the average 953 rated player can throw most mids farther than 250+

I would think if you are rated 953 you should be able to throw a roc, buzz or most any midrange anywhere from 320' to 350'. Once you get above that you're talking Pro material. IMHO which means just about squat.

Everyone has to remember that you are throwing a brand new Roc. Anyone who throws Rocs knows that it takes a while for a Roc to get into that glidey phase. For example, you can get yourself a nice mint DX roc and be able to push it out to 330' on the first few throws. Break that sucker in a bit and you can now push that mother out to 345-350'. These Rocs are brand new and in Champion plastic AND it's cold outside. I don't think it's a fair review until we see how they fly in warm weather and they break in a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:36 PM
emiller3's Avatar
emiller3 emiller3 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CO
Courses Played: 21
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
So I am taking it that they are rather glideless? I'm guessing the average 953 rated player can throw most mids farther than 250+
My flat AO was. I think you're better off with a Buzzz if you're the fast/straight mid type. But mild domed AOs = perfect Roc, IMO. Just like my SMRDs but they'll last forever and they're griptastic. If anyone's got a mild domed one for trade, PM me.

I also had an alarmingly huge difference in PLH between my two AOs, so I'm not surprised to see varying reports on the amount of fade. I threw my flat AO anywhere from 290-350' and it was dead straight.
Reply With Quote
 

  #160  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is online now
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller3 View Post
My flat AO was. I think you're better off with a Buzzz if you're the fast/straight mid type. But mild domed AOs = perfect Roc, IMO. Just like my SMRDs but they'll last forever and they're griptastic. If anyone's got a mild domed one for trade, PM me.

I also had an alarmingly huge difference in PLH between my two AOs, so I'm not surprised to see varying reports on the amount of fade. I threw my flat AO anywhere from 290-350' and it was dead straight.
Agreed. Smrd rocs are the way to go for sure.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.