Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Interview with Pro Disc Golfer Cam Todd

When: December 11th
Time: 9:30 PM EST
Where: Disc Golf Talk Radio Live

If you have any questions for Todd please post them here or here. You do not need to be a member to post on this section of the DGTR Forum.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
How did he get into the sport of Disc Golf and what are some of his goals to further the sport
Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 95
Have designers made a hole you can't duece yet?

In reference to "You can't make a hole I can't duece"
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 105
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
The actual quote was birdie, not deuce.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:28 PM
I think I'm important

I consider Cam a friend, but I must say any true and good interview with him has to include the Hambrick incident, his unique suspension from it and his disapearance from the game for a while.

Was the disapearance b/c of the incident? Or was it the last straw in a decision that he had already made? Rumors were it was to pursue professional ball golf. What happened in that time away?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 35
Get him to talk about his painting hobby.

and yes see if you can get him to talk about the "incident".
Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
I consider Cam a friend, but I must say any true and good interview with him has to include the Hambrick incident, his unique suspension from it and his disapearance from the game for a while.

Was the disapearance b/c of the incident? Or was it the last straw in a decision that he had already made? Rumors were it was to pursue professional ball golf. What happened in that time away?
I am forwarding this question to Cam and let him decide on whether he wants to talk about it or not.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 12
What's Cam throwing these days since Discraft seems very unwilling to update his profile.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:50 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainchaser View Post
I am forwarding this question to Cam and let him decide on whether he wants to talk about it or not.
If he is willing to talk about that period, I'm wondering about the comparison of his situation to the Player's Cup incident a few years later.

In Cam's case, there was a lot of comment by the PDGA on the message board and the whole scenario played out very publicly. That lead to a chorus of Internet experts who seemed emboldened to attack his character based on all the info flowing around.

A few years later there was an incident at the Player's Cup which resulted in the Red Hawk course being pulled and a Major being cancelled. That situation was handled quietly with no formal announcement of any punishment. With no public Internet vetting of that situation, it never reached the torch and pitchfork furor that Cam's situation did.

It would be interesting to know if his case had not been openly debated by PDGA officials on the message board and he did not have to endured the Internet character assassination that he did, does he think he might have stayed in the game? Or did he not pay much attention to what people had to say on the Internet and would have left anyway.

Last edited by Three Putt; 12-07-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM
I think I'm important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
If he is willing to talk about that period, I'm wondering about the comparison of his situation to the Player's Cup incident a few years later.

In Cam's case, there was a lot of comment by the PDGA on the message board and the whole scenario played out very publicly. That lead to a chorus of Internet experts who seemed emboldened to attack his character based on all the info flowing around.

A few years later there was an incident at the Player's Cup which resulted in the Red Hawk course being pulled and a Major being cancelled. That situation was handled quietly with no formal announcement of any punishment. With no public Internet vetting of that situation, it never reached the torch and pitchfork furor that Cam's situation did.

It would be interesting to know if his case had not been openly debated by PDGA officials on the message board and he did not have to endured the Internet character assassination that he did, does he think he might have stayed in the game? Or did he not pay much attention to what people had to say on the Internet and would have left anyway.
Being on the PDGA discipline committee, I know about the players cup incident. The situation was reviewed by us on the committee and there wasn't enough information available / "proof" to place blame on a particular incident or what not. The incident reported was simply one of many reasons from the resort to pull the course.

I'm not going to speak about the incident or it involved because part of the role of our committee is not putting those things out there publicly (so don't ask or PM - lol), but it did not happen on the course or doing the round or doing the awards or players meeting, etc, which is a major difference between the Hambrick incident with Cam.