Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Skyquest Medusa

A Skyquest Medusa found it's way into my stash. I did some searching on it and couldn't find much. Anyone throw these? What are they like? Numbers point to something similar to an Archon. Plastic is incredibly grippy and pliable; is it durable?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
The plastic feels nice! I'll give it that much, I really like the grip! Unfortunately that's about all I like about this disc. I found it to be incredibly flippy. Turned into a roller for me without a good bit of hyzer on it. Never thrown an archon to compare, sorry.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
The plastic is amazing. I would love to see a full lineup in this stuff down the road, it's like Vibram Medium X-Link and Discraft ESP FLX got it on.

The Medusa acts kinda like a longer Roadrunner for me. And as a lower powered player, I like that.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
I've heard they are the best distance drivers but they lack durability and become flippy quickly. Had a friend who swore by them but would only throw it on wide open treeless grassy fairways.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Interesting. Haven't thrown it much, but the plastic feels durable. Maybe I will donate this one to science one day and give it a good thrashing.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 58
This thing is like a RR on steroids, stability wise. I have to power down to 30% to get this thing straight. I would hyzer flip it into a roller in 100ft on 100% power. Granted that it went 550ft rolling, but I was expecting something else. I love the grip on this disc, but I'm never gonna throw it again. To the noob bin!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 373
I was throwing the Medusa against the Legacy Cannon, Blizzard Katana, and Vibram Lace this morning. I definitely DO NOT have a big arm. Max D with accuracy is around 325 ft. If it's wide open and I have room I can get them past 350 ft. All non blizzard disc were around 172g, while the blizzard katana was 150g (bubbles in plate).

The Medusa was the least stable of the bunch and had the best glide. Downhill with moderate power the disc would glide forever. On level ground the Medusa would turn slightly and then fade back to the centerline of the throw. I would never throw the Medusa into a head wind, it'll turn and roll.

The Medusa isn't in my bag (nor are the Cannon and Lace). The Medusa is not reliable for me. Not sure if its more sensitve to OAT or it's just in my head.

I have noticed the Medusa seems to be wearing in the fastest of the three non-blizzard discs. I have had it for a month and have only thrown it during disc eval rounds, but I have noticed it getting more turn as it ages.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon13 View Post
I was throwing the Medusa against the Legacy Cannon, Blizzard Katana, and Vibram Lace this morning. I definitely DO NOT have a big arm. Max D with accuracy is around 325 ft. If it's wide open and I have room I can get them past 350 ft. All non blizzard disc were around 172g, while the blizzard katana was 150g (bubbles in plate).

The Medusa was the least stable of the bunch and had the best glide. Downhill with moderate power the disc would glide forever. On level ground the Medusa would turn slightly and then fade back to the centerline of the throw. I would never throw the Medusa into a head wind, it'll turn and roll.

The Medusa isn't in my bag (nor are the Cannon and Lace). The Medusa is not reliable for me. Not sure if its more sensitve to OAT or it's just in my head.

I have noticed the Medusa seems to be wearing in the fastest of the three non-blizzard discs. I have had it for a month and have only thrown it during disc eval rounds, but I have noticed it getting more turn as it ages.
Want to trade for that Lace?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon13 View Post
It's not in your head. It is a pretty understable disc, but I think that's why I get so much D out of it. I got a free one from InfiniteDiscs.com and I've been using it quite a bit. After two rounds, it was beat in. Put it on a low hyzer flip and you'll be very pleased with the results.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 51
My brother gave me his Medusa for my birthday this year. He said he liked it, but was happier throwing his GL Vision on the same shots. It was pretty fresh and clean when I got it.
I love it. The plastic is the best feeling on the market, in my opinion. It is the only non-scandinavian disc in my bag. I don't have to throw hard to get solid distance, so that makes it super accurate for me. I don't even have to x-step or run-up to move it 300+ down the fairway. Yeah, it's got a good deal of High speed turn, but it does straighten out. I usually hyzer flip it for fun, controllable distance drives. It's great for annys too though.

My GF Loves the Medusa. I regret letting her throw it, because she will take it and use only it on full rounds. Mine/ours is durable as Star or FLX.