Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Putting slumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOT_WygGoLw

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

I think sometimes we get too caught up on where to aim, poping our fingers at just right the moment, trying to keep our throwing arm on plane and shifting our weight at exactly the right moment.

Everyone has an idea of what they want their putt to look like and sometimes we just get too caught up in the mechanics of everything.

My suggestion: Take all your change and put it in your left pocket, turn your hat backwards, surround yourself with white discs and then look at that basket and tell yourself that your going to put this disc into that basket. I bet you'll make it.

Everyone has to find their own putt, not copy Wysocki, or Schusterick, or Feldberg, hopefully not Ville Pippo (no offense, great player). The putt that you feel comfortable with should be the one that you practice, wether it's a spin putt, a high lofting push or a spush. The goal is to put the disc in your hand into the basket and no two people do it the same.

Last edited by Taylor; 02-14-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 189
Throwing Style: RHBH
I walked past a group of GM's last year who were trash talking me because they knew I would be 50 this year. One said he wasn't worried because I was eventually going to lose my putt(think F'berg/Uli). I had a backup plan, I learn something new. I've putted with magnets since 96 but I just stuck a focus in my bag and lately it's been magical.