Old 12-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
This is my mid set up currently, and I have played just these discs on courses that you would normally be throwing distance drivers on the majority of holes. I can play these very successfully, but I also throw my mids much farther than almost any of the local pro's. Now they can bomb drivers farther than I can, and with better accuracy, and they putt better, but hey at least it's something.

Z Comet
X Wasp-beat
X Wasp- Fresh
Ti Wasp
Z Wasp
ESP Zone
Champ Glow BB Aviar
Omega SS
Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 54
I'll just bring a few spiders since that's what I comfortable with and I can get them to shape most lines. Maybe my crappy pro line cobra for those tough turnovers. That and rhynos for putting and I am good to go.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Eagle Member

I would just use the mids and putters I carry now:

N Anode: Longest putter, upshots, line holder
P Ion: Well seasoned, but still a bit more LSS than the Anode, so I'll throw it if I need some fade
N Ion: putting
ESP Zone: Flex shots, big hyzers, straight shots with healthy fade; almost used exclusively off the tee, otherwise only in utility situations

ESP Comet: main mid; domey; has taken a beating, but can still be relied upon to fly dead straight with fade on a higher shot; holds any line, and can hyzer flip into a laser with 100% forward fade/skip when thrown low enough
Z Comet: seasoned into more understability and is flatter than the ESP; great for late right turns that hold to the ground, hyzer flips, low power get out of trouble shots
ESP Buzzz: fast straight line shaping mid; has beaten into a touch of turn, so I might add a Z soon, but it still goes straight on those nice low lines, can hold a beautiful long hyzer, and loves low anhyzers that flex only enough to put on the breaks
Z Hornet: windy Buzzz, straight with healthy fade, one of the only discs I really enjoy powering down for the meathook

I use these discs for most holes up to 325' or so (longer downhill of course), so I'd be just fine playing most courses with only this lineup. In fact, I'd probably score just as well on any course I've ever played with only mids and putters.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
ESP Drone
Z Wasp
ESP Buzzz
ESP Comet

Zone
Aviar
Pure

I can play any course under par with this bag.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
ESP Drone
Z Wasp
ESP Buzzz
ESP Comet

Zone
Aviar
Pure

I can play any course under par with this bag.
Any course?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2avity View Post
I'd consider the Squall a midrange. It's a lot like a Buzzz, just a lil' bit more understable and a lil' bit faster...imo.
Then add that in as well
Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
My current mid and putter line up is a 175 seasoned DX rancho Roc and a 169ish SE Rhyno (rancho mold). I'm currently testing a 168 JK Aviar to replace the DX Rhyno I lost. Given that and some discs I'd like to pick up, I'd go with the following for this test:

Mids: Z Hornet, 170; 175 DX rancho Roc, seasoned; Z Comet, 180; X Comet, 170
Putters: SE Rhyno (putting/approaching); 175 DX Rhyno, seasoned (driving); 175 Opto Pure (driving); 175 Champ Rhyno (stupid overstable)
Old 12-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcuin View Post
I would just use the mids and putters I carry now:

N Anode: Longest putter, upshots, line holder
P Ion: Well seasoned, but still a bit more LSS than the Anode, so I'll throw it if I need some fade
N Ion: putting
ESP Zone: Flex shots, big hyzers, straight shots with healthy fade; almost used exclusively off the tee, otherwise only in utility situations

ESP Comet: main mid; domey; has taken a beating, but can still be relied upon to fly dead straight with fade on a higher shot; holds any line, and can hyzer flip into a laser with 100% forward fade/skip when thrown low enough
Z Comet: seasoned into more understability and is flatter than the ESP; great for late right turns that hold to the ground, hyzer flips, low power get out of trouble shots
ESP Buzzz: fast straight line shaping mid; has beaten into a touch of turn, so I might add a Z soon, but it still goes straight on those nice low lines, can hold a beautiful long hyzer, and loves low anhyzers that flex only enough to put on the breaks
Z Hornet: windy Buzzz, straight with healthy fade, one of the only discs I really enjoy powering down for the meathook

I use these discs for most holes up to 325' or so (longer downhill of course), so I'd be just fine playing most courses with only this lineup. In fact, I'd probably score just as well on any course I've ever played with only mids and putters.
Have you tried an axis over the comet/buzzz setup?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Birdie Member

Any "one disc" rounds with me are for sure happening with a Warship.
(heavy, VIP - flat top)

even with an unlimited bag restriction, if its speed restricted I would likely still stick with the Warship and get it dialed in over changing disc selections all round. Compliment with close range putter of choice.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 84
I do this on "speed rounds" all the time. Last week I took a Meteor/Buzzz SS/Hornet line-up and tied my second best round ever at my home course in 32 minutes. Even took a durn bogey. Huzzah. I currently carry GL Core, Z Buzzz SS, Ti Wasp, Cryztal FLX Drone in my tourney bag.

That being said, and even though some of these overlap, I throw by "feel" sometimes... If I was limited by the number discs, I would take either of the two combos listed above. If it was one disc? Probably one of my pretty new Cryztal Z Buzzz SS's. But if I could carry all of these, I'd feel good.

R-Pro Rhyno (beat)
GL Fuse
ESP Meteor
GL Core (tuned)
Cryztal Buzzz SS
Ti Wasp
Z Hornet
Cryztal FLX Drone (seasoned)
Z Drone (new)