Years playing/experience: About a year
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: RH
Throwing Style: RHBH drives, some RHFH for mids/upshots if needed
Distance (avg/max) for putter/mid/driver: Beast: 300'/~325'

Sex: M

Discs: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/organizer.php?mid=30183

Bag:
Drivers
163 Champion Beast (Beat)- Get the best distance with this disc but it's starting to fade right, so I don't know if it's mechanical or a disc issue.
155 Opto Air Saint (New)- Just got this disc but want to try this out to see what I can do with it.

Mids:
172 KC Pro Roc (New)- I haven't used it much, but am hoping I can learn how to throw it because it seems to fly straighter than my Buzzz.
173 Elite-Z Buzzz (New)- I use it a lot for hyzer/spike hyzer shots but am having trouble keeping it straight.
167 Opto Pain (New)- It's a disc I just got but from what I've tested in the field it is too overstable, even more than the Buzzz.

Putters:
3 170-172 Pro-D Soft Magnets (Good)- Love these discs; I have confidence in them with most shots if need be.

My biggest issue, for my home course, is finding a good disc I could use for a mid-range shot. I need something that flies straighter than the Buzzz or the Pain. I've always had issues in finding a good mid disc so a lot of the time I just end up throwing a putter or a fairway driver if I really need a mid shot.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 67
If the buzzz is not flying straight for you, try a fuse or comet
Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
Good advice.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6
I have yet to see anyone give any love to the coyote.. I absolutely love that disc, for a mid range, it is the straightest flyer i have seen , i like the buzz too but i love my champion coyote.. its on the heavier side though, i think mine is 176. I am a new player though.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 1
I would say work that Buzzz more, and just focus on learning to get it to fly straight, which it should. Plus, the more you throw it, the more beat, and understable it'll become.

OR, get a X Comet.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
Does plastic type play into affect at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrunt42 View Post
I have yet to see anyone give any love to the coyote.. I absolutely love that disc, for a mid range, it is the straightest flyer i have seen , i like the buzz too but i love my champion coyote.. its on the heavier side though, i think mine is 176. I am a new player though.
Well I am a newer player too so I haven't thrown a lot of mid-range discs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I would say work that Buzzz more, and just focus on learning to get it to fly straight, which it should. Plus, the more you throw it, the more beat, and understable it'll become.

OR, get a X Comet.
Yea, Im trying to throw my Buzz more, but it's hard on my home course because it's overstable and there's not a lot of shots for a mid-range disc, let alone an overstable one.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockiesfan4ever View Post
Yea, Im trying to throw my Buzz more, but it's hard on my home course because it's overstable and there's not a lot of shots for a mid-range disc, let alone an overstable one.
The Buzzz really isn't an "overstable" disc. If the Buzzz feels comfortable in your hand, and you have a good feel for gripping, and throwing it, then keep at it. Try and bring it straight scross your chest in and concentrate on keeping it flat when you throw it. Play a few rounds with only your Buzzz. By throwing it for every shot, you'll become more accustomed to it, and hopefully you'll be able to get it to fly flat, and straight.

Now, if you try this, and it's just not working, then of course, try a more understable disc like the X Comet, or even an ESP Meteor, or a Star Kite.

Don't let the Buzzz frustrate you. There's a reason it's one of the best selling discs on the market. I'd definitely suggest a Neutron Axis to you as well, but it overlaps with the Buzzz quite a bit, so there's no point in you having two discs that are so similar at this point.

Good luck.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
The Buzzz really isn't an "overstable" disc. If the Buzzz feels comfortable in your hand, and you have a good feel for gripping, and throwing it, then keep at it. Try and bring it straight scross your chest in and concentrate on keeping it flat when you throw it. Play a few rounds with only your Buzzz. By throwing it for every shot, you'll become more accustomed to it, and hopefully you'll be able to get it to fly flat, and straight.

Now, if you try this, and it's just not working, then of course, try a more understable disc like the X Comet, or even an ESP Meteor, or a Star Kite.

Don't let the Buzzz frustrate you. There's a reason it's one of the best selling discs on the market. I'd definitely suggest a Neutron Axis to you as well, but it overlaps with the Buzzz quite a bit, so there's no point in you having two discs that are so similar at this point.

Good luck.
Thanks man. I think the hardest part is that my home course is such a short course that I really only drive and putt, but Ill definitely go out and throw some rounds with my Buzzz. I get frustrated easily, so it's not just the Buzzz's fault.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 42
When you first start, most discs are gonna act overstable until you beat them in enough and learn what kind of angles you need to throw them on. I would stick with the Buzzz, it is a good disc and you already have some time with it, no point in abandoning it and staring with another new disc.

When the Beast goes right on you, you are going to want to adjust your throwing angle. Add a little hyzer (very slight) and see what happens.

Personally, I would recommend playing with your putters and mids, especially if you are playing short courses. I personally prefer Rocs to Buzzzes, but I would pick one of your mids (sounds like you have more time with the Buzzz than others) and really learn it and beat it in. Keep stretching your mids and putters out until you have learned to throw all different lines with them.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 41
Lots of good advice in here thus far.

In my experience with the Buzzz, it takes more speed to get it to fly straight than some other mids, which may be contributing to why yours seems to fly OS. Assuming that's the case, I'll echo the advice of a few others in here and recommend a Comet: it's a seriously slow, massively glidey disc, meaning it's easy to maximize your distance out of it. It can be a bit tricky to get the hang of - I'm still working to dial mine in consistently on drives - but flies capital-S Straight when thrown correctly, and personally, I don't think it's too too hard to get the hang of, especially if you're still in the learning stage (as I am). Zs are slightly more OS and forgiving than Xs: I'd recommend trying one of each if you can swing it. It would be a bit under $25 for both - not too bad, and you can always sell one or both to me if you hate them .

I'm still sorting out some aspects of my bag, but I already know the Comet is there to stay. I drive with mine on most holes 250 ft and under. Great for straight and turnover drives.