Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHBH
I need to do some more travelling and playing at some point in time
Old 08-25-2013, 01:21 PM

Hey Mj

i've been primarily forearm on drives, but i'm nursing a sore tendon. decided to work my backhand and drop the forehand drives for a couple months. went out and bought a 176 z comet after hearing all the talk about how it helps keep your form honest.

after mixing it up in the field with some buzzes i'm pretty happy and will probably bag it for my next round.

it seems to fly fairly straight when released flat with a subtle fade to about 270. when i try to lock my wrist out i can turn it over with a flat release to fight back @ 250-260. hyzer flip ends up 270 with hyzer finish. i can't really throw consistant annies, working on it. love the glide and the slow turn!!

without seeing my form, is there anything i should be watching out for or really trying to focus on? what are those form flaws that the comet can reveal? suggestions for working the annies?

i know this is a super vague question, but i find that having some big concepts to work with is always helpful for me.

...i've been skimming through your thread and there's tons of good info in there. !! i'll start by looking deeper into the comet 'archives'!!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
MJ,

I love the Ringer. I am FH dominant and use it as my driving putter and main upshot disc. I often wonder why Discraft has not produced this disc in a premium plastic? The Pro D plastic does not always stand up to the test of being thrown off the tee in the durability department like its premium plastic counter parts.

With that said, do you know if Discraft ever plans to release a Limited or Production run of Elite-Z or ESP Ringers?

Lastly, do you have any desire for Discraft to produce a premium plastic Ringer?

Thanks for your time, disc on!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax11 View Post
With that said, do you know if Discraft ever plans to release a Limited or Production run of Elite-Z or ESP Ringers?
Can't speak to the rest of your post, but they did produce a small run of Z Ringers for Dion Arlyn (I think). They're out there, but they won't be cheap or easy to find.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
MJ,

I love the Ringer. I am FH dominant and use it as my driving putter and main upshot disc. I often wonder why Discraft has not produced this disc in a premium plastic? The Pro D plastic does not always stand up to the test of being thrown off the tee in the durability department like its premium plastic counter parts.

Lastly, do you have any desire for Discraft to produce a premium plastic Ringer?

Thanks for your time, disc on!
Hey Jax have you checked out the DGA Breaker? Supposed to be a modified ringer I think and it's out now in premium plastic
Old 08-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
Might look into those suggestions. Thanks guys. Tbird if you have any leads on any of those Z Ringers let me know!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
MJ, I finally got to pay Brackett's Bluff today and, man, I was not prepared. Not a tree went unscathed. And that's a lot of trees. Is there a video around of you playing that course properly? I'd love to see how it should be done.

I do see how if I was better with the Comet it would come in handy. Low and straight is definitely what you need there.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Might look into those suggestions. Thanks guys. Tbird if you have any leads on any of those Z Ringers let me know!
I know nothing about them except what I posted unfortunately.

I would say your best bet would be to build up a lot of PayPal and put up a Wanted thread in the Marketplace.