Disc Golf Store
Old 12-28-2012, 02:09 PM
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
What is your landing zone for that sky roller line? I've thrown it on 7 before but I haven't figured out the line yet. I either crash the trees or I land on the uphill part by the road which keeps the disc stable and it ends up across the road.
i try to end up on the right side near where the trees begin or slightly past that. That allows you to land on the harder part of the fairway and not the soft wet stuff that is in the middle and short of the trees
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
lol, no worries.

Both those holes are tough for me, not so much just because of the OB road, but the crud you get into across the road, looking for discs. Total Swamp Thing moment out there.
left on hole five is nasty with where the pond drains and the way the creek keeps the water table up over there
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj20300 View Post
i try to end up on the right side near where the trees begin or slightly past that. That allows you to land on the harder part of the fairway and not the soft wet stuff that is in the middle and short of the trees
I'll have to try that. The wet stuff definitely screwed me last time I played. I thought I had a good roller then it plopped down in the middle on the wet grass and spun for a brief moment, changed directions and shot across the road. I'm glad I'm not allergic to Ivy.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
I'll have to try that. The wet stuff definitely screwed me last time I played. I thought I had a good roller then it plopped down in the middle on the wet grass and spun for a brief moment, changed directions and shot across the road. I'm glad I'm not allergic to Ivy.
its one of those i've played there 1000's of times and i know every inch of that course like its my house!!!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:13 PM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 38
i got another one for ya... you have several tye dye the same color like peter griffin style or is the one from worlds your lucky one? seems like i have seen several pics over the years with the same shirt.. but then again i guess a mj pic with no tye dye just wouldnt seem right ..
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
i got another one for ya... you have several tye dye the same color like peter griffen style or is the one from worlds your lucky one? seems like i have seen several pics over the years with the same shirt.. but then again i guess a mj pic with no tye dye just wouldnt seem right ..
all the collared ones i have i did in like 02 and am still using them on occasions. there are 2 that i wear the most and they seem to be the ones that i get pictures taken wearing
Old 12-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 35
Yeah watching that final 9 it quickly became apparent that you were the local pro and you definitely put on a show!

You gonna put on another show here in the HP at the HOHO for 2013?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Random question...

I went out and watched a round at Eastway during the US Dubs in '10, it had to be...

I wound up following the group with Climo/Schultz and Barsby/Orum, since putting Barsby and Climo in the same group seemed like somebody's idea of a sick joke.

Anyways, I was walking down the road by the #9 fairway, and a white disk came out of the woods (from 9 long tee) and rolled all the way down to about 35 ft or less from the basket. Was that you? Probably tough for you to say for sure, but do you sky roll that hole? That was pretty sick, if so, given the tight opening you have to hit off the long tee. Plus, I can't remember now if it was a FH or BH roller I saw.

Do you throw a lot of big rollers around town? I haven't messed around with rollers too much, except for little "rescue" rollers, since there seems to be few opportunities to throw big rollers around CLT, too many roots, etc...
Old 12-28-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
Yeah watching that final 9 it quickly became apparent that you were the local pro and you definitely put on a show!

You gonna put on another show here in the HP at the HOHO for 2013?
more than likely i'll be there

Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Random question...

I went out and watched a round at Eastway during the US Dubs in '10, it had to be...

I wound up following the group with Climo/Schultz and Barsby/Orum, since putting Barsby and Climo in the same group seemed like somebody's idea of a sick joke.

Anyways, I was walking down the road by the #9 fairway, and a white disk came out of the woods (from 9 long tee) and rolled all the way down to about 35 ft or less from the basket. Was that you? Probably tough for you to say for sure, but do you sky roll that hole? That was pretty sick, if so, given the tight opening you have to hit off the long tee. Plus, I can't remember now if it was a FH or BH roller I saw.

Do you throw a lot of big rollers around town? I haven't messed around with rollers too much, except for little "rescue" rollers, since there seems to be few opportunities to throw big rollers around CLT, too many roots, etc...
dont think it was me on that hole

I do throw some fun rollers on holes throughout town. With the roots you just have to realize that sometimes your gonna get screwed, but there are alot of things that can mess up rollers