Disc Golf Store
Old 08-21-2013, 02:47 PM

Years Playing: 2.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
realistic distance expectations

I'm 30 and have been playing for nearly a year and a half now and when I started I was throwing maybe 200 feet. I gain a couple/few feet of distance every month or so and it seems to come slower and slower as time progresses.

I'm at the point now where i'm throwing a max of about 380 on a great drive and was wondering if I can expect the slight progression to continue in the next couple years? How many people can throw a legit 500?

I know it's all relative to the person but I guess i'm just asking the vets out there what there experience has been, and how often they see players progress to that level. I know there are "naturals" out there who have an innate ability to through farther than us mortals, but how many people actually achieve this distance?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 46
Once the 400' threshold happens there are a lot of small things that add to that extra hundred feet. Congrats on the success but focus on putting and accuracy.

Last edited by RyanisCorriganis; 08-21-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:26 PM

Years Playing: 2.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanisCorriganis View Post
Once the 400' threshold happens there are a lot of small things that add to that extra hundred feet. Congrats on the success but focus on putting and accuracy.
I've really started focusing on my putting the last month or so. Its the weakest part of my game so it should be the next
step I need to improve my score.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 106
Less than 1% reach 500' consistently. Most of it is getting the mechanics and timing right which is the hard part, not so much brute strength. I started playing about the same age around 28-29 and throwing 200' BH, now I'm 34 and throwing 450'+. If you feel you have hit a plateau throwing as hard as you can, you will likely need to change how you throw.