Disc Golf Store
Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
i didn't have a offers to big school we had scouts from Oklahoma Ohio LSU and schools like that from the east at our games but i only played 1 full year in 2010 and also playing at a summer camp at goldenwest college and could have played there but i decided to go to pro worlds instead it the first week of school so i would have been dropped anyways. i believe i still have some statistics still online somewhere haha.
Id like to see those stats. What position did you play? You seem to be built like a ss/2nd baseman. Maybe a pitcher with the arm you have.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman View Post
Paul, I have read most of the and dont think I saw this question. I know your a big baseball guy so what is your favorite team? Please dont tell me the yankees. Royals fan here!
the Angels
Old 01-14-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9cian4life View Post
Id like to see those stats. What position did you play? You seem to be built like a ss/2nd baseman. Maybe a pitcher with the arm you have.
i played shortstop i think i had a 320 to 370 average we played wood bat leagues about 5 games a week. i believe they only logged the weekday game stats not the double headers on saturday and sunday. ill see if i can find them.

it looks like they are gone but the team was ath grizzlies if you can dig further.

Last edited by PMcBeth; 01-14-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 PM

Number of disc people carry

Do you ever think they will limit the number of discs you can carry(golfers can carry max 14)? It would be like Tiger carrying 9 drivers for every situation. 14 discs would create a more skillful game in IMO.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachlong65 View Post
Do you ever think they will limit the number of discs you can carry(golfers can carry max 14)? It would be like Tiger carrying 9 drivers for every situation. 14 discs would create a more skillful game in IMO.
not as low as 14... tiger could carry 9 drivers if he wanted but he doesn't need to. i can see the number of discs being limited to like 20-25 and maybe something like mold types down to 7... you gotta realize golf has clubs and balls we have discs so it would be something like how many and mold types.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
If you don't have any bigger tournaments going on the weekend of the 27th, there's a monthly at Goat Hill. I remember you've mentioned that as one of your favorite courses in the area. It's only a round + Final 9, but I thought you might be interested. It won't result in a big payout by any means, but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to cover the cost of driving down here.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hmmm... I don't know if this has been asked, but would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?

On a similar, but non-violent note: cats or dogs? Or ferrets or weasels or what animal for a pet?

And one last one: would you ever grow facial hair?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
i played shortstop i think i had a 320 to 370 average we played wood bat leagues about 5 games a week. i believe they only logged the weekday game stats not the double headers on saturday and sunday. ill see if i can find them.

it looks like they are gone but the team was ath grizzlies if you can dig further.
At least I was right in my assumption Haha What brand of glove do you prefer? I've always used a Wilson.. from my first teeball glove from Walmart to the A2000 I use now Haha
Old 01-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Par Member

Quote:
not as low as 14... tiger could carry 9 drivers if he wanted but he doesn't need to. i can see the number of discs being limited to like 20-25 and maybe something like mold types down to 7... you gotta realize golf has clubs and balls we have discs so it would be something like how many and mold types.
Have you thought how the mold limit might influence manufacturers, and gravitate players towards certain kinds of discs? For example, if you like to use a stable to overstable putter, you can beat some of them up and get overstable, straight and understable flights by using just a single mold, while if someone likes to use a putter that is straight to understable to begin with, there is no way to make it more overstable, and therefore you have to use another mold to complement it. And in midranges I'd think Discraft might have to rethink their whole lineup, as Innova players can get all the possible flight paths from Rocs of various stages of wear, while Discraft offers no such disc, and their players will have to use several mold slots in their midrange selection.

Also, could that promote inconsistent manufacturing too, as when one mold varies a lot from disc to disc, it could be very useful thing, as you'd get many different kind of flights from a single mold? But when you bought a disc of that mold, you'd never know what you're going to get before you throw it. So it'd be a double-edged sword.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I like this idea, but mold types would be hard to enforce. How many discs look very similar without the stamp? and how many molds have so much variance you might think they were different discs without the stamps?

Edit: not arguing, just wondering what some ideas for doing a rule like that effectively.
Closed Thread